impersonator on emule

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
popdrome

Re: impersonator on emule

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

FLL wrote:"Me [FLM]". I seems more likely to me that they are hoping people here add them as friends and give them a boost that way. It could be more sinister if they try to message anyone here in eMule using the cloned nick, but that doesn't seem to be happening.
Well I think it's rather ANNOYING, seeing myself trying to download all me releases. FYI, I never use my name popdrome/ALIPTES although I tried once, and stumbled onto the parasite. :(
mongodisco

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

the solution that we at the norwegian forum has adapted is using the special nordic letters (æøå) in our nicks... So far i haven't seen myself downloading from me, and i only give out FS to people from the norwegian board or from FLM that i'm chatting in emule with..
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

So use ASCII.
I use ASCII on WinMX.

The chap using my nick has gone, but if it should happen again ill do that.

http://images.bravenet.com/common/image ... rchart.gif
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

The only possible benefit I can think of is with the community shraring feature in clients like eMule Plus which give a 1.5x boost to the score of users who have the desired tag in their nick. Eg. I have set [FLM] as my community tag. If you have [FLM] as the first tag in your nick, I'll give you a 1.5x boost.
In my mod i give a 15x boost to friends. Everytime i see someone with the tag [FLM] in the nick, i add him to my friendslist.
household

Post by household »   0 likes

Is it important to chosse a name for yourself (e.g as abvoe having flm in your name will mean people at least know of you)

I have just left mine as the default, didn't think it was important.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

household wrote:Is it important to chosse a name for yourself (e.g as abvoe having flm in your name will mean people at least know of you)

I have just left mine as the default, didn't think it was important.
No, in general it is not important. But if you don't edit your nick, people can't recognize you and give you a friend upload slot etc.
household

Post by household »   0 likes

Ok, thanks for the info ghost. Thats what I thought.
OrionPax

Post by OrionPax »   0 likes

I'm sick of this so from now on I'll be posting the IP addresses of these leechers here, first one:

From Poland, added range to IP filter: 62.21.0.0-62.21.255.255
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Good idea; ill add that to my firewall.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

So you have excluded a whole class B network ?? I can't understand why you would do that.