[REL] Deux enfoirés à Saint-Tropez (1986)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Deux enfoirés à Saint-Tropez (1986)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

In a previous post I wrote:
I see, that everybody wants this movie. So I rented it from canalplus (which was a real pain in the ass to crack their geo-restrictions!).

I have to disappoint you. They are streaming this movie only in 720p, even I used the settings "highest quality".
So I rented it from Canal+ some months ago and it really was only in 720p. I really have no idea, where this 2k version came from.
You find it "2K quality" on your big TV screen? I also watched it on my 65" 4K TV. To my opinion, it looks "OK", maybe like 1080p, but not more. Just my thoughts...

Anyway, this movie is crap. If it wasn't for that little blondie, I wouldn't have kept it.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for the new encode, jezevex, whatever source and native resolution it may be. And thank you too, ghost, for renting it for us those months ago. I had been unsure about this movie, but I grabbed it since you made us an upscale.

No 4K tv for me to test this on. :lol: And my monitor is from goodwill. It's pretty cool though
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:38 am In a previous post I wrote:
I see, that everybody wants this movie. So I rented it from canalplus (which was a real pain in the ass to crack their geo-restrictions!).

I have to disappoint you. They are streaming this movie only in 720p, even I used the settings "highest quality".
So I rented it from Canal+ some months ago and it really was only in 720p. I really have no idea, where this 2k version came from.
You find it "2K quality" on your big TV screen? I also watched it on my 65" 4K TV. To my opinion, it looks "OK", maybe like 1080p, but not more. Just my thoughts...

Anyway, this movie is crap. If it wasn't for that little blondie, I wouldn't have kept it.

I agree, it's a fairly dumb movie I wouldn't bother watching if not for Stéphanie Billat.

As far as the quality goes it's comparable to other 4K SDR movie files I have of similar material. Meaning the film is grainy (also apparent on the DVD) which does make a difference. This is not regular HD, although the actual resolution may be 1440 instead of the full 2160. Hard to tell.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   2 likes

deadman wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:25 am
ghost wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:38 am ….
From the ygg comments (translated):

A huge thank you for sharing. Pecas in 4k is almost mystical!

For the curious, most film restorations are now done in 4k to ensure a greater durability of the master than a 2k, and therefore its profitability. The scan of the original film gives incredible results even on thongs...

Thank you MAX! Edit: Master at 25i instead of 24, too bad.
My guess: it’s a real 4k remaster/rescan of the 35mm films. But obviously even with those 4k rescans, the end result will depend on: source (35mm films), the company and hardware performing the scan, and in the end also what „encode“ or „untouched“ version gets distributed to the TV channel/streaming platform.

[Image]
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:13 am
deadman wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:25 am
ghost wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:38 am ….
From the ygg comments (translated):

A huge thank you for sharing. Pecas in 4k is almost mystical!

For the curious, most film restorations are now done in 4k to ensure a greater durability of the master than a 2k, and therefore its profitability. The scan of the original film gives incredible results even on thongs...

Thank you MAX! Edit: Master at 25i instead of 24, too bad.
My guess: it’s a real 4k remaster/rescan of the 35mm films. But obviously even with those 4k rescans, the end result will depend on: source (35mm films), the company and hardware performing the scan, and in the end also what „encode“ or „untouched“ version gets distributed to the TV channel/streaming platform.

Do you know any avail software to download highest res file from these sites?
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

reptile12 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:09 pm
Do you know any avail software to download highest res file from these sites?
This seems to have been released directly by *the* scene, and they are pretty much the only ones that know how to break/bypass the higher versions of widevine/DRM that include Netflix/AppleTV 4K and I assume also canalplus 4k versions.

For regular 1080p content there’s is always Redfox AnyStream and StreamFab.

I can ask around with some French friends.
pafin

Post by pafin »   0 likes

jezevex wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:52 pm Here you are. Yes, the file size is big, but the picture quality is superb, considering the year the movie was shot...

DEaST_86_4K.mkv
can someone upload it or reshare please ?
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

pafin wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:49 pm
jezevex wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:52 pm Here you are. Yes, the file size is big, but the picture quality is superb, considering the year the movie was shot...

DEaST_86_4K.mkv
can someone upload it or reshare please ?

Reshared.
throwme12

Post by throwme12 »   0 likes

jezevex wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:52 pm [Image]
Wow, so beautiful, and so confident looking! This is a great one.