[REL] Dedicato Al Mare Egeo (1979) [Italy/Japan]

rmt@36

[REL] Dedicato Al Mare Egeo (1979) [Italy/Japan]

Post by rmt@36 »   115 likes

This is an interesting movie. It involves an emotionally disturb 13 yr old girl and her obsession. An older teenage boy and his obsession to have as much sex as possible is also another element.

When they hit Greece the scenery is quite breathtaking.

As this is also a Japanese movie there is Japanese subtitles and annoying blocking of crotch shots.

I think people will like this movie anyway

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079037/

Like this post to see ed2k links  [896.93 Mb]

one thing I would like is to get a version without the blocking and without the subtitles.
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REL] Dedicato Al Mare Egeo (1979) [Italy/Japan]

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

ANOTHER GREAT FOUND....THANK YOU...VERY RARE TO FIND HERE. :thumbsup
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

So viewing this i've noticed two things...the censorship of japanese on the pubic area and the too much luminosity in the movie...btw i like very much...hoping existing a better version

the girl was 11yo at making of this movie :heart

So here's some screenshots to involving all the reticent to d/l this :thumbsup

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

cheers :thumbsup
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Sad a better quality version of this film has not turned up :(
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

David32441 wrote:Sad a better quality version of this film has not turned up :(
It's crazy, you can order the soundtrack on Amazon - but not a DVD. Can't find a digital or streaming version of the movie anywhere.

The little blond girl is Sandra Dobrigna, who was also in Le témoin:

https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... =13&t=1642

[Image] [Image] [Image]

The available versions of Dedicato Al Mare Egeo all look like low quality VHS rips - and those Japanese hardcoded subtitles don't help. Or the silly censorship. If Amazon feels it's worth selling the film's music tracks then why not the film itself?

I won't say never, because movies I never expected to see DVDs of have suddenly appeared on blu-ray, but the only way we're likely to see a new version is if this airs on an Italian movie channel and someone captures it. Then we might actually get HD. Wouldn't that be nice? I'll check TV schedules but I doubt they'll ever show it here in the US. Our European members are likely to have more luck.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

deadman wrote:The available versions of Dedicato Al Mare Egeo all look like low quality VHS rips - and those Japanese hardcoded subtitles don't help.
Your screenshots look better than the rip I have!
If Amazon feels it's worth selling the film's music tracks then why not the film itself?
Ennio Morricone.

Dude scored over 400 films! He has many dedicated fans. Many times his score was the best part of the film, and sometimes it was the ONLY good part.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:Your screenshots look better than the rip I have!
Those are pictures of Sandra from Le Témoin (1978). If I had a rip of this film that was that good, I would've posted it. Sometimes it seems like people go out of their way to downconvert a video. There are any number of old movies which exist only in versions that are way below broadcast or even VHS quality. Literally no one produces video that bad.

I think maybe some of them were compressed for sharing in the days of dialup and never updated - back when the screencaps I generally post with my stuff would've taken ten minutes to dl all by themselves. Anyone remember AOL? You've got mail! The internet was more fun in those days (not so full of corporate dreck) but the bandwidth was horrible!
Night457 wrote:
deadman wrote:If Amazon feels it's worth selling the film's music tracks then why not the film itself?
Ennio Morricone.

Dude scored over 400 films! He has many dedicated fans. Many times his score was the best part of the film, and sometimes it was the ONLY good part.
Okay, that makes sense. But wouldn't you try to carry the movie as well? People purchasing the soundtrack might also want that.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

deadman wrote:Those are pictures of Sandra from Le Témoin (1978).
OHHHHHHH! I had already downloaded that film based on your recommendation and link, but I have not seen either film yet. Just a quick VLC scroll-through to make sure it was good.
I think maybe some of them were compressed for sharing in the days of dialup
Yup. This one is a whopping 896mb, but back in those days filmrips were mostly limited to 750mb, what would fit on a DVDr. Terabyte hard drives were not so cheap then.

[EDIT: David32441 pointed out that I should be saying CDr at about 700mb. Not DVDr.]
Anyone remember AOL?
Oh god please kill me! :D In those days, I successfully downloaded mp3s. I did not even consider doing movies. You know the old telephones with the hand crank on the side? That is how I think of my old internet.

I still use my AOL email address, but I route it through one of my Gmail accounts to read it.
But wouldn't you try to carry the movie as well? People purchasing the soundtrack might also want that.
Well *I* certainly would, if the rights were available, but then I do not run a streaming service. This may be a case of the rights-owner not returning any phone calls, or the original elements in bad condition or lost.

Masuo Ikeda only directed one other film (not FLM, and intriguingly sleazy looking) and I don't know if he has a huge fanclub. If the film elements are available, this looks like a project for Vinegar Syndrome or Synapse or Mondo Macabro.
Last edited by Night457 on Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:
deadman wrote:Those are pictures of Sandra from Le Témoin (1978).
OHHHHHHH! I had already downloaded that film based on your recommendation and link, but I have not seen either film yet. Just a quick VLC scroll-through to make sure it was good.
I think maybe some of them were compressed for sharing in the days of dialup
Yup. This one is a whopping 896mb, but back in those days filmrips were mostly limited to 750mb, what would fit on a DVDr. Terabyte hard drives were not so cheap then.
Anyone remember AOL?
Oh god please kill me! :D In those days, I successfully downloaded mp3s. I did not even consider doing movies. You know the old telephones with the hand crank on the side? That is how I think of my old internet.

I still use my AOL email address, but I route it through one of my Gmail accounts to read it.
But wouldn't you try to carry the movie as well? People purchasing the soundtrack might also want that.
Well *I* certainly would, if the rights were available, but then I do not run a streaming service. This may be a case of the rights-owner not returning any phone calls, or the original elements in bad condition or lost.

Masuo Ikeda only directed one other film (not FLM, and intriguingly sleazy looking) and I don't know if he has a huge fanclub. If the film elements are available, this looks like a project for Vinegar Syndrome or Synapse or Mondo Macabro.
Aren't you thinking of CDR? They could only support 703mb (or 712mb with over-burn with Nero). That's what most films were limited to. DVDR (single-sided) could go to about 4400mb. I remember Napster and mp3 :icon_old :)

And Deadman, well spotted in noticing that it's the same girl in Le Temoin!! I think I recall reading it was an Ennio Moricone film. I love his film scores!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

David32441 wrote:Aren't you thinking of CDR? They could only support 703mb (or 712mb with over-burn with Nero). That's what most films were limited to.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH!!!!!

Of course you are correct. CD-r, not DVD-r. Both are now really old formats, but it was the size limit of CD that I was thinking of. I don't know why I thought it was 750.

:icon_old