A two fold question on start up

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
rmt@36

A two fold question on start up

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

My first question is when I start up e-mule it will take everything and load them up in areas I don't want loaded.

What file do I need to adjust that it will only allow the loading up of the files and movies I want it to load up. Because I don't like having to clear it from my list, when it loads movies from other areas of my computer.

Problem two, when people are requesting my info, it is giving more files than I want it to give. Is there a way to adjust so all my files are not being released to everybody. And to boot when I request someones info I get nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
emuler

Re: A two fold question on start up

Post by emuler »   0 likes

1. You have probably set up certain folders as destination folders for some of your files. These are the folders that the files will be moved to when they are completed. All such folders automatically become shared folders, and any other files in them are also shared. This setting overrides other settings, so if you want to unshare a particular folder, make sure no file currently in your downloads has that folder as a destination folder (also known as output folder). You can see this in the popup for the file or in file details.

2. You can set in options/preferences to show you shared files to everyone, no one or just to friends. You can also right click each file (multiple selection possible) and set the permission there. However this only affects which files are shown to someone who requests to see the list of files that you are sharing. (right click> show shared files).

Note: ALL the files that you are sharing, regardless of this setting, are published on the server to which you are connected. If you don't want to upload them, unshare them.