New Version E-Mule

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
billanben

New Version E-Mule

Post by billanben »   0 likes

http://vcheck.emule-project.net/en/vers ... guage=1033

Can whoever has already upgraded provide some feedback please. It looks to be a pretty cosmetic upgrade looking at the details but you never know !!
abel

Re: New Version E-Mule

Post by abel »   0 likes

Well, I had a stupid idea to d/d and run this new version some 2 days ago, since this time: 1/ I lost all ongoing d/d´s from the older version, 2/I can´t add a new download by merely to click on a link at FLM (thanks God it´s back). Sure it may be a problem of not very skilled user, but still, I advice to be careful with this upgrade.
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

P.S. And yes, of course, on the new version I got immediately a very low ID:-(((
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

If it works, dont fix it!!
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

abel: your problems are those that everyone encounters after every client upgrade or change. ;)

1. In options> directories see the path for the new temp folder. Either move the files in the previous temp folder to the new one or change the path so that it points to the old one.

2. Options> General: handle ed2k links.

3a. Go to the configuration for your firewall and delete the rules for emule.exe. Now it will ask you again whether or not to allow emule.exe to use the internet. Allow full incoming and outgoing access.

3b. If you have a router (many ADSL modems have one built in) you must have done portforwarding earlier. Check the settings options> connections and make sure that the ports listed there are the same that you had forwarded in your router. They have to match - change either in the client or in the router; your choice.

The proper way to upgrade is to install/ extract into the same folder you were using earlier. That way all your settings are retained and you don't have to worry about 1. 2 and 3b.

billanben: at first glance most of the things seem to be related to M$Vista.
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Thank you emuler!
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Mmm - think will sit tight on 0.47c then - thanks to EM and Abel for feedback.
pooniman

Post by pooniman »   0 likes

Am still on 0.46c! I did download 0.47c a while ago but never got round to installing it, it took me ages to get rid of low id and if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Don't want to be two versions out though, is 0.47c the one most people are still using? Would rather just go to that for now and wait until 0.48 is proven.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:If it works, dont fix it!!
:bigups :thumbsup
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Don't worry too much about public releases. eMule and eMule Plus each go through several rounds of internal testing by a team of betatesters (I'm one of them, btw) and public releases very rarely have serious bugs.

About getting LowID after upgrading, read my post above about firewalls and routers. I upgrade to a new beta version several times a week, so it can't be that difficult. ;)

There has been some improvement in source exchange handling in v0.48a. Not critical, but an upgrade is recommended.

EDIT: btw pooniman, as you are still on v0.46a, have you tried downloading a file larger than 4GB? ;)