Any requests?

Many interesting childhood movies are also posted to the newsgroups. Please share them here in this forum ;)
FLL

Re: Any requests?

Post by FLL »   0 likes

When I release something on p2p I realize that it is likely to be reposted and I will get no credit unless I put my name on the release. I have great disdain for those who strip credits (not websites -- that's just advertising and can go).

Many people can't or don't want to do p2p and sites such as schooldaysdvd.com provides a service for them. So I have no problem with it, or for your making some money. Since your connection with FLM helps you, though, it would be rude of you not to contribute back to the site. Posting movies which aren't already on eMule is a good start.

One other avenue which might unruffle some feathers is to contribute financially to the running of the website... I am sure you well realize webhosting isn't free. There was a donation drive last December which we thought would hold us over for a year, but when in May and June the site maxed out its bandwidth two months in a row and shut down, ghost went out and upgraded the webhosting to double the bandwidth. He did this at his own expense initially, then put the Paypal link at the top of each page for donations to defray the cost. A nice donation now and again in December for next year's webhosting would mean that some of the result of using FLM as one source for movies would help ease the burden on ghost and other donators and help ensure FLM's survival. Give it some consideration.
schooldaysdvd

Post by schooldaysdvd »   0 likes

I do plan on contributing movies, but it will most likely be on thelostmovies group on usenet; I hope that is fine. Secondly, I have no problem contributing financially although I hope everyone realizes that I'm not making a killing doing this. To be completely honest, while I would like the site to become more about the coming of age films, so far that hasn't been the case. While that is my wish, 99% of my business thus far has been the Japanese Junior Idol stuff. The front page of my site is dominated by COA films for reasons that I have concluded the site looks less threatening with that than with Junior Idol DVD's on the first page.

Anyway, this is all conjecture at this point and I don't want to just keep talking. Let me work on posting my first movie and I guess I'll go from there.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

You have one movie which is definitely not on EM right now - the Blue Girl. If you post that to LM, one of us can get that back to the group and that would be hugely appreciated here.
schooldaysdvd

Ripping the DVD right now to .avi format. Give me a few hours, especially with the emule part. In the meantime, if anyone can reply with step by step instructions on how I release it that would be appreciate it.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Thanks SD

All you need to do is put the avi into the directory you are sharing on EM, then go to the Sharing tab, right-click the film and choose "Release"
schooldaysdvd

Ok, but how do I announce it here with the links you guys post in the release section of the forum so that everyone can download with one click?
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

After sharing the film in eMule, right-click it and choose 'eD2K Links...'. Uncheck all the options, copy the link to the clipboard, and just paste it into the text of your post. The forum software automagically recognizes an ed2k link and formats it like you see here.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

schooldaysdvd wrote:I do plan on contributing movies, but it will most likely be on thelostmovies group on usenet; I hope that is fine.
I'd say you're more than welcome to post to TLM newsgroup. The same rules that apply here, more or less apply to the newsgroup. Make sure you just don't spam and read the charter first, as posted by Pepi.

If you've any requests for yourself or questions - just ping me or TheLost in the group.

Needless to say, you've great taste. :icon_cool2