[REL] La' os være (1975)

ptguardian

Re: [REL] La' os være (1975)

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

so these are comparisons from two releases at boyscouts or with mine?

I will answer my own question.

Boyscouts release
[Image]
my release
[Image]
thank you for the contribution lovecraft. I am glad you are contributing. :thumbsup

but I think it might be best to answer your own question by doing the work you are asking us to do. ;)
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

I've ever known that bigger file = better quality...or not? :think
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

ARTHORIUS wrote:I've ever known that bigger file = better quality...or not? :think
answer is NOT. you are thinking dvdrip. where the source is a much larger file that you compress to a smaller one. more you compress it the more detail you loose. so with a rip the bigger file would have more detail.
in this case the original source is from youtube at only 504MB and making it bigger doesn't magically add detail that isn't there. this is about re encoding not ripping.
Spoiler:

the file in question is not better than the encode I did. the ripper picked the best screencap to show comparison. if we check out the other screencaps he posted at boyscouts you will see where he failed. the idea to brighten the film was a good idea for the darker scenes were to dark to see everything. but unless you break the film up into pieces and make only the dark scenes brighter you now have a new problem. the other scenes that were already bright now become too bright and detail is washed out.

idea was a good one and if someone wanted to go scene by scene and correct problems and than piece it all back together with a improved product this would be great.
but a simpler solution is to adjust your tv or monitor settings
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

a simple but thorough explaination Ptg,but i kind of hoped all would follow the links i posted,and save you the hassle. :cool
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:so these are comparisons from two releases at boyscouts or with mine?

I will answer my own question.

thank you for the contribution lovecraft. I am glad you are contributing. :thumbsup

but I think it might be best to answer your own question by doing the work you are asking us to do. ;)
starfish21 wrote:it appears to be be this one.

from scoreggia at
http://theboyscouts.ucoz.com/forum/6-2508-1
http://theboyscouts.ucoz.com/forum/5-2621-1

I'm sorry, I found and downloaded the file via the second link and shared it on eMule, but I never found the first link. In fact the second link was the only result available when searching via theboyscouts...

So I never actually knew that the original source was the Youtube version you posted. But I thought the newer file was brighter, but there was more pixelisation. So in my opinion the older version was better, but I wanted your opinions about that.

All in all, we can sure conclude that the original file (youtube version) is better video quality and the second version is just an edited desaturized version and doesn't really worth to be downloaded.

So... I'm going to delete the second file on my HD and remove it from my shared folder, and I will also remove the link from my previous post to avoid people to download it...

Thanks to everyone for your inputs, I sure hope the film will be officially released on DVD one of these days, sooner the better!
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

you misunderstand,Lovecraft,nobody's criticising your post,this is better in certain ways than the one already here(dark areas made brighter) so it gives an extra option,while it might not be worthwhile downloading for those that have Ptg's release there are a lot of people who have just found this thread,and the technical info supplied with a movie is always useful.
dfgdfgdfg

Post by dfgdfgdfg »   0 likes

Hello

Anyone can share that movie?
I searching all over the net, but not find.

Please anyone have, share .

Special thx.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Hello

The link file I posted is still being shared. :)
dfgdfgdfg

I see my friend, but theboyscouts site blocked,
You can help to my problem?

La os Vaere working link please :)

Thanks.

like-like-like
dfgdfgdfg

Try emule too, but nothing :S
Maybe you can upload rapidshare or filesonic or same. Many people want that "missing" movie. Please.