[REL] Un été à Saint-Tropez (1984)

FLL

Re: [REL] Summer In Saint Tropez 1983 (DVD-5)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

kev wrote:Oddly enough; I tried to burn a DVD with DVDSanta and it told me that the ISO files put together were too big to burn to a disk, and it won't allow me to do so.. :(

Can DVDFlick burn from ISO files?

I also have a free courtesy disk of Nero 6 that I got with some hardware I purchased, but it doesn't contain the function to burn ISO's... It says I need to purchase the 'Full' edition...

I'm really bummed out about this right now... :(
This really confuses me... "ISO files put together"? Each ISO file is a complete disc image, you can't put them together.

I have used Nero 6 OEM to burn disk images (ISO). I might have needed to rename them to .IMG, don't recall precisely. I have gotten that same "you need to buy" message and renamed the externsion and it worked.

But the app I normally use to burn ISOs, which I am sure you also have, is DVD Decrypter. Try that. If that doesn't work you may well have corrupt ISOs.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

kev wrote: Oddly enough; I tried to burn a DVD with DVDSanta and it told me that the ISO files put together were too big to burn to a disk, and it won't allow me to do so.. :(

I also have a free courtesy disk of Nero 6 that I got with some hardware I purchased, but it doesn't contain the function to burn ISO's... It says I need to purchase the 'Full' edition...

are you referring to the files on this thread? these are vobs not iso.

two programs I suggest and are very simple and reliable: ImgBurn and ConvertXtodvd(both free)

iso files are image files, the most popular is "imgburn" it will make image files and burn them as well. it also makes data disks.

dvd's made of vob files such as these on this thread. throw them in one folder and use "convertxtodvd" and click burn existing dvd, click the folder you want and it will burn that folder into a dvd. the program also makes dvd's from movie files mkv, avi etc...
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
kev wrote:Oddly enough; I tried to burn a DVD with DVDSanta and it told me that the ISO files put together were too big to burn to a disk, and it won't allow me to do so.. :(

This really confuses me... "ISO files put together"? Each ISO file is a complete disc image, you can't put them together...
My obvious ignorance of 'techno-speak'..

As ptg stated, I also usually refer to the files 'collectively' as VOB files. (I just used the term 'ISO's' to 'collectively' refer to the files because it was late last night when I posted my message and that's the only lame excuse I can think of...) :blush

Regardless, when I stated I 'put them together', I was not saying that I was trying to 'fuse them together'. I meant that when I open the Video folder with DVDSanta using the 'Disk image or DVD video folder to DVD' option I highlight [or 'select'] all of the 'Video File or ISO Disk Image File(*.IFO, *.VOB)'s that are contained within that folder.

I've been doing that for years with no real problems to speak of. This is the first time that I've had a set of ISO/VOB files that clocked in under 4GB's that pops up a message that says the files are too 'big' to be burned onto a DVD.. That is my quandary... :think
FLL wrote:I have used Nero 6 OEM to burn disk images (ISO). I might have needed to rename them to .IMG, don't recall precisely. I have gotten that same "you need to buy" message and renamed the externsion and it worked.

But the app I normally use to burn ISOs, which I am sure you also have, is DVD Decrypter. Try that. If that doesn't work you may well have corrupt ISOs.
That's interesting about renaming the extension getting things to work.. It's funny how something simple like that fixes things sometimes... :think

I DO have DVD Decrypter, but it seems like it always used Nero to do it's burning of video files to disk.. (Or maybe that was DVD Shrink...)

I don't use either of those programs much any more as when I insert a DVD into my PC, I just transfer the DVD files onto my PC directly rather than using a file extracting program...

Anyway, I'll re-install Nero 6 again and see if I can do what you were saying about renaming the extension... :think

Thanks for the help. :bigups

kev.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Ah, the VOBs. I usually use Nero 6 to do that, create a DVD from VOBs.

Only thing I can think of why these VOBs might be too big, is that maybe the original DVD these came from had other VOBs which weren't posted here and in total they are too big, and DVDSanta sees the others referenced when it computes size. But that's a guess. I have never used DVDSanta and I don't have these VOBs (though after this discussion I started getting them).
kev wrote:I DO have DVD Decrypter, but it seems like it always used Nero to do it's burning of video files to disk.. (Or maybe that was DVD Shrink...)

I don't use either of those programs much any more as when I insert a DVD into my PC, I just transfer the DVD files onto my PC directly rather than using a file extracting program...
"Transferring DVD files directly" won't normally work for most DVDs, they have copy protection called "CSS". That's exactly how DVD Decrypter became famous, it was one of the earliest and most popular programs to be able to do that in a user-friendly way. So maybe you are confusing programs, or maybe somewhere along the way you installed another program which does that same function automatically.

DVD Decrypter is now an old program -- the author was forced to abandon it -- but it still works on most old DVDs. There are other programs needed for some newer ones though.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

kev wrote:
Regardless, when I stated I 'put them together', I was not saying that I was trying to 'fuse them together'. I meant that when I open the Video folder with DVDSanta using the 'Disk image or DVD video folder to DVD' option I highlight [or 'select'] all of the 'Video File or ISO Disk Image File(*.IFO, *.VOB)'s that are contained within that folder.
Here's what you can do:
- create a folder called "VIDEO_TS" (without quotes)
- drop all downloaded files into that folder
- now check the filesize of that folder, if it exceeds 4.31 GB it's to large to be burned onto "regular" DVD, you'll need a DL DVD (DVD9) for that.
- if it doesnt exceed 4.31, do select or "hilight" it in DVD santa (IOW, the folder) - that should work

my $0.02

I'm on a mac, drop them on Toast Titanium and burn to disk or "save as" ISO file :)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

kev wrote:Shared again.
Thanks, got it [Image]
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   2 likes

Here's my copy of Summer in Saint Tropez. It's an uncut version 1hr 09min long. The quality is poor, but maybe someone will enhance it:

https://mega.nz/file/U7g3XC5K#oSkQaMU2Q ... 6lQwDQ2uOw

Until I get the port forwarding right, I'll be sharing through mega, so those will High Ids can grab it and share it much faster.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks!! I wish, the quality would be better.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Yes, thank you mexlink!
mexlink wrote:Until I get the port forwarding right, I'll be sharing through mega, so those will High Ids can grab it and share it much faster.
Just so you know, having HighID is not an obligation and I do not think it makes sharing any FASTER. The only problem with LowID is that it is difficult for two LowID eMulers to "find each other" and connect to share, where a HighID and a LowID person will be able to share with each other easily. It's one of those annoying technical issues.

There are plenty of LowID FLM members that I (with HighID) have gotten files from at blazing fast speeds, and they get them from me as fast as I can manage. And since I notice that they are LowID, I try to hold onto their files longer for resharing so that other LowID members can get them too.

Although I am not complaining about your MEGA links at all, because MEGA download speeds completely destroy eMule, torrents and any other direct-downloads I have tried. In the time I typed this post your MEGA-link is almost completely downloaded, with bandwidth competition from eMule and torrents.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I was shocked and surprised that I could not find any subtitles for this legendary movie anywhere. What the heck??!! Surely someone somewhere ... ?

Then I skipped through the video in VLC and realized that there IS NO DIALOG. :evil:
Silly me. I do not need any subtitles after all. :oops:

So, now that it has been necroposted back from the dead, should we have the two threads for the same film merged into one?

[REL] Un été à Saint-Tropez (1984)
[REL] Summer In Saint Tropez 1983 (DVD-5)

A Summer in Saint Tropez
Original title: Un été à Saint-Tropez (1983)