[REL] Julie (2005) [Series]

For An Angel

Re: [REL] Julie - 4part danish tvseries w/o subs

Post by For An Angel »   11 likes

Well here are the first three. I was gonna wait until I had all four to post them but it looks like it's taking longer and longer to finish downloading the last one.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [15.4 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [14.3 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [18.8 Kb]

I hope someone is still willing to translate these :pray
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

ForAnAngel wrote:Well here are the first three. I was gonna wait until I had all four to post them but it looks like it's taking longer and longer to finish downloading the last one.
I think it is no problem to post incomplete links if they are marked as such. If more people download, we all get the files faster.

Thanks.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

I can try to make the subtitles into english tomorrow. Just too tired tonight to be able to fix them.

KJ
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   4 likes

ForAnAngel wrote:Well here are the first three. I was gonna wait until I had all four to post them but it looks like it's taking longer and longer to finish downloading the last one.

Could you please reshare e03? I missed it :(

e04 is of course also needed :pray

Can't promise to translate, though. I thought I understood Scandinavian text fairly well, so I tried to translate a Danish movie once. It took me 3 full days and the result was crap :wall

So I'm not sure if I want to do it again :think

Might be worth to try Google translate.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   11 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:

Could you please reshare e03? I missed it :(

e04 is of course also needed :pray

Can't promise to translate, though. I thought I understood Scandinavian text fairly well, so I tried to translate a Danish movie once. It took me 3 full days and the result was crap :wall

So I'm not sure if I want to do it again :think

Might be worth to try Google translate.
I haven't stopped sharing them. Actually... I think I may have reedited the third one by accident. Try this link:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [14.5 Kb]

I still haven't finished downloading the 4th one yet. It's been stuck at 72% for almost a month now :( I tried my hand at translating one of them but being a perfectionist it takes me forever. I just can't run them through google translate and share the results because it just comes out so bad it's not even worth sharing. Sometimes I have to look up each word on http://www.wiktionary.org/ to get a better understanding of what I'm translating.

Of course, all of this work will only be worth it if someone is able to reshare the dvdrips when we're done :pray
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i put them back in my share folder :)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

ForAnAngel wrote:I tried my hand at translating one of them but being a perfectionist it takes me forever. I just can't run them through google translate and share the results because it just comes out so bad it's not even worth sharing. Sometimes I have to look up each word on http://www.wiktionary.org/ to get a better understanding of what I'm translating.
Yeah, but if you put the words together, you may get something completely different. For instance, "Tager De gas på mig?" (Danish) translates as "Are you kidding me?". My first version was "Do you take gas on me?" :wall

It would be too embarrassing to release subs with such mistakes :blush

Moreover, my English vocabulary is way too small. How to call those parts of a clock that point to numbers :think or what is the proper English word for "trylle" (Swedish "trolla"). Google suggests "conjure", "troll", "charm", or "do conjuring tricks". Wiktionary does not help: http://sv.wiktionary.org/wiki/trolla :(
ForAnAngel wrote:Of course, all of this work will only be worth it if someone is able to reshare the dvdrips when we're done :pray
Oops, I thought you had it already. Reshared.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Hi folks

I sat down, trying to translate them but gave up after few lines. As i'm a total football noobie, i really struggle to translate these subs into english. It was no problem to translate Forbudt for børn into english, but these subs ends up as complete bullshit after a trip through Google Translate. May we try a line by line translation, done in the irc-chat one evening? Guess that way of working can bear fruits in due time, at least faster than doing it all alone.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

ForAnAngel wrote:I still haven't finished downloading the 4th one yet. It's been stuck at 72% for almost a month now :( I tried my hand at translating one of them but being a perfectionist it takes me forever. I just can't run them through google translate and share the results because it just comes out so bad it's not even worth sharing. Sometimes I have to look up each word on http://www.wiktionary.org/ to get a better understanding of what I'm translating.

Of course, all of this work will only be worth it if someone is able to reshare the dvdrips when we're done :pray
Well, I've finished downloading the dvdrips. The subtitles will need to be readjusted because the timing's off but that should be easy. It's been over a month now since I've gotten a single byte from the 4th episode from the tvrips. :( I promise that if and when I get it, I will make it my mission to translate all the subs no matter how long it takes :cool
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thanks to mongodisco and ptg for sharing this series initially. If anyone still has these lying around, I am very interested in watching them, even with only Danish subs. ;) I watched some of the first episode on YT and thought it looked cute and I like the main girl.

Here's the YT link for anyone interested. The quality is pretty decent for an older upload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-s1BBK ... KL&index=2