[REL] Un Dramma borghese (1979)

mexlink

Re: [REL] Un Dramma borghese (1979)

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:55 am
mexlink wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:11 am
goku33 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:11 pm I managed to get a hold of the dvd. Will post it soon. Life’s just been rough recently
Thanks, goku! Any update on that dvd?
Thanks for reminding me and feel free to remind me again.. I got new HDD‘s so I should get more things done again..was literally at like 1GB free disk space left
Alright, here's the new reminder ;) How's your new HDD?
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

mexlink wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:07 am
goku33 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:55 am
mexlink wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:11 am

Thanks, goku! Any update on that dvd?
Thanks for reminding me and feel free to remind me again.. I got new HDD‘s so I should get more things done again..was literally at like 1GB free disk space left
Thanks ;) I need these reminders lol

Truly
goku33

Here is a lossless extracted clip from the full dvd:

https://gofile.io/d/hFGDOS

Crazy that this is what they called „remastered dvd“ - the quality is fairly bad imho.
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:14 am

Crazy that this is what they called „remastered dvd“ - the quality is fairly bad imho.
Thanks! I just took a look at the sample you posted. Would you say the quality is better/worse/the same as the ones already posted here? I'm a novice so I can't really tell the difference unless there's a huge gap in quality.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

mexlink wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:27 am
goku33 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:14 am

Thanks! I just took a look at the sample you posted. Would you say the quality is better/worse/the same as the ones already posted here? I'm a novice so I can't really tell the difference unless there's a huge gap in quality.

honestly? the sky tvrip looks better to me. this is actually why i nowadays always also get and check old tvrips because sometimes they were done better than some crappy dvd transfers.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:09 amhonestly? the sky tvrip looks better to me. this is actually why i nowadays always also get and check old tvrips because sometimes they were done better than some crappy dvd transfers.

This appears to be an old LD broadcast rip that was posted online and downloaded. Original source was probably premium movie channel, therefore no station logo. It's clearly not VHS because you don't see any distortion. The image quality is just crap.
goku33

deadman wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:38 am
goku33 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:09 amhonestly? the sky tvrip looks better to me. this is actually why i nowadays always also get and check old tvrips because sometimes they were done better than some crappy dvd transfers.

This appears to be an old LD broadcast rip that was posted online and downloaded. Original source was probably premium movie channel, therefore no station logo. It's clearly not VHS because you don't see any distortion. The image quality is just crap.
You’re talking about the dvd, right?

How can they mess up the dvd transfer this badly..

Then again..I regularly see hobbyists outperforming professional distributors/studios remasters. This is especially true for cartoons. Fan projects remaster it with consumer software/tools within a couple weeks..
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:02 pm
deadman wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:38 am This appears to be an old LD broadcast rip that was posted online and downloaded. Original source was probably premium movie channel, therefore no station logo. It's clearly not VHS because you don't see any distortion. The image quality is just crap.

Then again..I regularly see hobbyists outperforming professional distributors/studios remasters. This is especially true for cartoons. Fan projects remaster it with consumer software/tools within a couple weeks..

Yeah, I'm talking about the sample you posted of the DVD. It's not primarily the software tools that are the issue in most cases. It's the fact that they're "mastering" from a captured broadcast or a video site download of that broadcast which is further degraded by compression. Results are always limited by the quality of your source. With an original theatrical print to scan in and work from instead, even those PC software programs could do a good job remastering in the hands of a skilled user.
goku33

deadman wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:16 pm
goku33 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:02 pm
deadman wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:38 am This appears to be an old LD broadcast rip that was posted online and downloaded. Original source was probably premium movie channel, therefore no station logo. It's clearly not VHS because you don't see any distortion. The image quality is just crap.

Yeah, I'm talking about the sample you posted of the DVD. It's not primarily the software tools that are the issue in most cases. It's the fact that they're "mastering" from a captured broadcast or a video site download of that broadcast which is further degraded by compression. Results are always limited by the quality of your source. With an original theatrical print to scan in and work from instead, even those PC software programs could do a good job remastering in the hands of a skilled user.
Ah now I see what you mean. Yes. I guess I’m perplexed and surprised by what shitty sources are being used by legitimate dvd distributors..

Many tv channels must have good copies/„masters“ (maybe on old tape? Betamax or something?) because regularly you have TVRips looking better than the shitty DVD’s. Of course it also depends on the transferring/encoding to the dvd and not just the source that was used but still..

I just downloaded an old Film as a tv rip. I will compare it to the dvd I own but my first impression has been that the dvd is shittier. (I will buy another dvd of this film cause there are different dvd releases and what I learnt is that different BluRay/dvd releases can extremely vary in quality, one distributor does a shitty job while another uses proper source+proper transfer methods.)
Feelers

Post by Feelers »   0 likes

heiber wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:02 pm Here's a nice upgrade that's been out there

[Image]

[Image]
[Image]

Un dramma borghese [SATRip Sky] (Florestano Vancini - 1979, con Franco Nero, Lara... Di Lazzaro).mkv
Could someone possibly post a direct download link or an active torrent link?