[REL] The Tribe [TV Series] (1999) & (2005) [New Zealand]

marvingray

Re: [REQ] The Tribe [TV Series] (1999) & (2005) [New Zealand]

Post by marvingray »   1 likes

I'm not going to lie I wasn't aware of what that was so I had to look it up lol, but that is interesting, and I could see how it could make for some unique writing.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I also did not know that word "lipogram" and had to go to Yahoo for clarification. Or was it Bing, or DuckDuckGo? I am now slightly doubtful of what I truly did last night, as I was drowsy.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

Oh wanna try it out, marvingray? Night did not a singular bit, but two! What skills of composition!

And Night, to impart diction to your ambiguity, did you, as luck would bring about, avail upon AltaVista? Good old AltaVista, primary scanning tool from our good old days!

To avoid risk of splitting our topic from rational obligation of our top arbitrators, must I now blurt discussion about a particular program. You know, this show that was broadcast on your "idiot box", and I shall inform in this roundabout way:

Past midway through this program, which is about kids who band in groups of clans and gangs, it acquaints us to a minor villain, a crazy kingpin honcho of a rival faction, and his word of naming is Top Hat, obviously! This bad lad's traits and garb has an impact and origin that brings to mind Malcom from, shall I say, A Clockwork Fruit. A callous bandit, for our main cast of dramatis artista, and who is also a pyromaniac!
Last edited by pillowbaker on Wed May 31, 2023 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

You win, I can not top that!

:icon_surrender

(An icon in motion contains nothing I must avoid, so I show that as a word substitution for what I am now doing.)

Back to our main topic, I must admit that this Mad Max simulation looks thoroughly satisfying. If only I had a month or two of additional hours to allow for watching it. Alas I do not, which is a pity. I download so many films brimming with drama, humor and action, but I usually do not find an occasion to savor all that much of it. I am far too lavish using my bandwidth.

P.S.: I think our FLM compatriots will look at our posts and say "What dorks!"
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Totally understandable! Not only are there 50 eps per season, there are 5 seasons of this!

For me, once I get into something, I tend to do better about making time for it. Right now, I am at a part where the show is ramping up drama and excitement for the last episodes of the season. But I don't like what they're doing with Amber, my favorite character. They're making her act all short-sighted and grumpy over these dumb boys! She's totally too good for any of them, why do they make her fall for them so damn easily. GRRRRRRRRRR!!

marvingray, several years ago I once wrote a lipogram to a girl to try to get a second date. To this day, I think it is some of my best lipogram material. But Night's probably right, "What a dork!" (mighta been the reaction)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

:icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
:bigcrowd
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:19 pm Full series now exists on 1080p Blu-ray. I got it
Hey goku, would you mind posting some screenshots from the blurays for me, please? I have seen that most 1080p options for this are official upscales, including the 90gb+ amzn encodes at rarbg.

I am curious if the blurays are a direct HD capture/conversion or if they're made from similar or newer upscales. :mrgreen:

Here's what I have from the 1080p amzn web-DLs released by "EDGE2020".

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] <-- Top Hat's platemail codpiece is perfect on his costume!
[Image] [Image]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:49 am I will download an episode of the BluRay for you take a screenshot. I’m 99% sure the Blu-ray’s basically are just the Amazon versions. The show wasn’t filmed on 35mm or similar if I remember correctly so the source material was always SD and any Hd will always remain just an upscale.
Thanks for the episode links, goku. I downloaded the first one. By the way, it says the rar file is password protected. Any chance you have it?
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   2 likes

Why would you publicly post the link but not the password? I don't think that's with the spirit of this board.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

I am sure goku means no discourtesy and may have reasons for acting cautiously. He's probably willing to give the pass to anyone who asks.

As for the quality of the official German blurays:

They indeed appear to be simple upscales of the original SD. Perhaps they are sourced from the original tapes, but don't appear to me to be much higher quality than the 1080p amzn encodes. They may actually be slightly crisper on the up close detailed shots, of which there are plenty in this series, but distant shots really give away the SD source.

One thing of interest, the file I got from goku is 23.9 fps, all others that I've seen are 25 fps. Does this potentially indicate a new transfer from the source material? Wouldn't official releases in a PAL region be 25 fps? One other upside, the German blurays have a German dubbing option.

Some screens for anyone interested. Mixture of up close and distant shots.

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]