Rich

Re: [REL] Maimuni prez zimata (2006) [Bulgaria/Germany]

Post by Rich »   0 likes

me too, thanks ghost :bigups
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Imdb plo:
Dona, Lukrecie and Tana - three women of different origins and destinies, whose stories unfold at different times. The tale of the Romany woman Dona begins in the 1960s. The only assets this beautiful and vital woman has are her three children fathered by different men. In order to secure a livelihood for them, she moves in with an older, but disabled man, who turns out to be a pervert. Ten years later, the ambitious Lukrecie is trying to avoid employment in the village. After she becomes pregnant by a prospective suitor, she meets an attractive young man who offers her a life abroad, something she had always dreamed of. Lukrecie resolves her situation in the most appalling way. Tana, the wife of a prosperous businessman, vainly longs to have a child. On the advice of a friend, she goes off to a spa, whose miraculous reputation is attributable to a skillful masseur. Her husband, however, is unmoved by the joyful news. Three stories offering three insights into the tragic outcome of relationships between men and women, which give rise to both longed-for and unwanted children. - IMDb
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Wow!

Thanks ghost, for coming across this one! But....

I'll have to admit; it's the prurient aspect of idler's caps that got my attention, perv that I am!! :eyecrazy

Thanks for piquing my interest, idler!! Very nice! Look forward to getting this one, as well!

kev.
idler

Jesus! Had to consult "Webster's" to get the meaning of "prurient", Babelfish didn't translate it. And I thought my English to be quite fluent... :(
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

idler wrote:Jesus! Had to consult "Webster's" to get the meaning of "prurient"
I didn't go quite that far but I did need to Google it & I'm English! :)
a. having indecent desires; lascivious; curious about lewd subjects. prurience, n.
Yep.......that's me! :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

idler wrote:Jesus! Had to consult "Webster's" to get the meaning of "prurient", Babelfish didn't translate it. And I thought my English to be quite fluent... :(
lol... Sorry about that; I've just grown up with that word being used in church a lot as all my pastor's seemed to toss it out in sermons when railing against subjects of interest to me.. :icon_biggrin2
loverboy wrote:
google wrote:a. having indecent desires; lascivious; curious about lewd subjects. prurience, n.
Yep.......that's me! :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban

Glad I'm not alone... ;)

kev.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I didn't realize the word "prurient" isn't common elsewhere. It's well known in the US in part since it's the key element of the first part of the three part test for obscenity which was established in a famous 1973 Supreme Court decision.
Chief Justice Warren Burger wrote:The basic guidelines for the trier of fact must be: (a) whether 'the average person, applying contemporary community standards' would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest, (b) whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct specifically defined by the applicable state law; and (c) whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
This is still the standard courts use to decide whether something is illegal, though the courts struggle with what "contemporary community standards" are in the age of the Internet. The federal government sometimes chooses to bring obscenity charges in a very conservative Bible-thumping state where they can find jurors who will declare pretty much anything obscene.
idler

Chief Justice Warren Burger wrote:The basic guidelines for the trier of fact must be: (a) whether 'the average person, applying contemporary community standards' would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest, (b) whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct specifically defined by the applicable state law; and (c) whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
Guess (b) is related to the transcript of the White House tapes - but I'm sure Richard Milhous Nixon never used "prurient"... :icon_biggrin2