[REL] Princ od papira (2008) [Serbia]

kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Princ od papira (2008) [Serbia]

Post by kev »   23 likes

emuler wrote:I haven't found any sources for this. :( Downloading the direct link now - if I succeed I'll share it.
Got this one covered, emuler. ;) Thanks for all you do around here.

Here's the link from the 'uptobox' d/load site:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.01 Mb]

I don't know if it's the same rip or not, but it definitely doesn't seem to match the hash...

Looks good. Thanks again to appcht for the actual links! :thumbsup

kev.
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   0 likes

Thanks, looking forward to seeing this one !
Reasta
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Thanks, kev. I've only uploaded this to one person - yoko - and he's a solid source, so this should be considered fairly well shared now. Wish we had subs - this is rather talky.
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

Does anyone still have this? I lost mine and I'm trying to redownload it.
Thank you very much!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   9 likes

I'm still sharing it. Here's the link again.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [295.42 Mb]
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

Thanks, but I've already got this one. I was wondering if anyone has the larger one from uptobox that later kev uploaded on emule?
Thank you for your help!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   3 likes

Ok, I been having a blast with subtitles. Oh boy could I spend all day on a little project like this.

The previous link to youtube doesn't work and there are no sources for the earlier emule links, at least right now.

So I found a file on uloz here, and a new youtube link to the movie in 480p.

And guess what, the uloz file had perfectly good Russian subs (note, Russian VO selected as default but files preserves original Serbian audio and it's clear and loud!) So, after tinkering a little, I found you can load a video with integrated subs into Subtitle Edit and save them into a separate srt file! Old new to you, I bet. Then I did a simple translation and began flipping through the dialogue an impulsively editing. Most of the translation is fine and followable, but still most lines could use some work.

Linked below is what I've done so far!

Little Julia's dialogue is so funny! Both with her parents, fellow kids, and with her stuffed animal.
from memory
- Julia, get back here! What's the matter with you? What is someone crashes into us?
- God protects good children.
- Someday I should take you away from this creed.
- Well, then I'll go "civil", and when I grow up, I'll marry a girl! Johnny said it was ok.

later she struggles to read to her stuff animal
- Ah, there lived Little Red Riding Hood
And...
One day mom...
her...
her...
her... her...
What's this?
starts making up the story
Little Red Riding Hood was with
her grandmother and had a great time.
When she met a wolf,
she kicked him in the ass.
And she said.
Get out, you bastard!

Another interesting thing, check out the youtube link above at time 3:51. "Chewbacca" is a word, or phrase, or part of a phrase in Serbian language.

You'll notice I've only selectively picked parts to edit, so there's much odd phrasing!

So, the subs are currently only synched to the uloz video, which is 360p, watchable but not great. It appears the best way to watch this would be the youtube video with the subs. However, the two videos have a length variance of about 1m25s, but since they appear to have the same framerate, it should be feasible. Right? :P I have not yet successfully synched any subs, yet!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thanks for posting about this, pillowbaker, and your v1.0 subtitles! This DOES look like something I'll like.

Children's film with Russian subs and dub? :idea: Don't forget blizzardkid!

http://blizzardkid.net/category/adv-dra ... start_com=

One of the files there is a 720p HDTV rip with Serbian audio and external Russian subtitles. (Links below.)

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/912d/t4HpQ1Wy9
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/AAAz/hrWySxw5G

Resyncing your English translation to this video is easy, using the cloud.mail Russian subtitles for the timing. ("Point sync via other subtitle" in SubtitleEdit.) But you seem to be continuing to work on the translation, yes? I don't want to clutter up the thread with resynced subtitles if you are.
pillowbaker wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:01 amSo, after tinkering a little, I found you can load a video with integrated subs into Subtitle Edit and save them into a separate srt file! Old new to you, I bet.
Incredibly useful once a person discovers that! :mrgreen:
"Chewbacca" is a word, or phrase, or part of a phrase in Serbian language.
I knew that Lucas et al. would steal from other languages, sometimes to hilarious effect for the native speakers because the Star Wars gang only used what sounded good and did not pay attention to meaning. This one I did NOT know about.

So, have you translated the appropriate subtitle for that portion of the video to Serbian to figure out what the actual word or phrase is? I have to assume Russian-to-Serbian would work best, as they are both Slavic.
I have not yet successfully synched any subs, yet!
Well, this is an even more important SubtitleEdit function than extracting subtitles from an MKV.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:42 am Children's film with Russian subs and dub? :idea: Don't forget blizzardkid!
D'oh! :icon_1idiot :roll: Now it's MY turn to forget blizzardkid!

Well, I am synching to the wrong file then!! HAHAHA. Thanks for letting me know before I got too much further along. As it turns out, the sync-job wasn't as smooth as hoped. Synced in begging, late in end. Fix in beginning, too early in end. I got it NEARLY close enough. Hopefully the new subs you pointed out will make this not an issue.

Here's my work so far. It's a jumble, considering I started resynching to the "new" movie file from youtube and now realize that if I start editing it, I'll have two separate English subs to edit. Next time, I must finish editing first! This makes "translator mode" a bit more difficult as the original Russian does not match with the translation anymore! I've been sitting with SE and two notepad files for the original ENG and RUS. Spot the ENG I want to edit in SE, find out the # location in ENG notepad file, and then use the corresponding RUS notepad file to copy/paste into deepL/google.

Well, at least the file contains some major edits to the English. I do recommend the movie so far. What I'll do from here on is grab the quality file from BK and start by machine translating the subs there, and then carry over my edits into the new file.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:21 am D'oh! :icon_1idiot :roll: Now it's MY turn to forget blizzardkid!
Was it me who forgot the last time? I don't remember. ;)
As it turns out, the sync-job wasn't as smooth as hoped.
Yeah ... that YouTube version would take some more work because you have to listen for the correct spots rather than just syncing text to text. I have not checked out your results yet. As for technique, I suggest "Point Sync..." with "Set sync point" at a determinable point (or points) at the beginning, AND another at the end. "Apply" and then "Ok" and then check your work in multiple spots in the video. (And don't forget to save it. Really annoying when I make changes and then forget to save them, which I did recently! :oops: )
It's a jumble, considering I started resynching to the "new" movie file from youtube and now realize that if I start editing it, I'll have two separate English subs to edit.
Well I'll never do THAT again ... having done it several times already. :?
Next time, I must finish editing first!
:idea:
This makes "translator mode" a bit more difficult as the original Russian does not match with the translation anymore!
Well, you can resync the Russian to match the newly-synced translation, then they will match up again in "translator mode". (Use Point sync via other subtitle.) Or see further below.
I've been sitting with SE and two notepad files for the original ENG and RUS. Spot the ENG I want to edit in SE, find out the # location in ENG notepad file, and then use the corresponding RUS notepad file to copy/paste into deepL/google.
* Groan. * That sounds like the madness of how I did it for a long time, except that I had 2 Notepad files and 2 Wordpad files. (Original and one alternate language, with two English machine translations.) Really, really, you must stick with finishing the translation from only one video version, with the original Russian in sync with the English so that they match up in translator mode and you don't have to use Notepad at all.

My own inclination from a long time making it difficult for myself is this: (1) Save unedited original subtitles separately so that you have a backup if there is a catastrophe. (2) Do your work on a separate in-progress file. (3) Pick ONE video version with translated subtitles and original language subtitles matching its sync, and use "translator mode" to compare them. Don't use alternate Notepad files at all if you can avoid it. (4) When you are done translating to your satisfaction, resync the results to any other video version you care about.

I would suggest either working from the ulozto Russian subtitles with their sync, or the blizzardkid 720p cloud.mail Russian subtitles and THEIR sync. Let the YouTube version wait ... or even skip it entirely if you wish.

I have looked at the different video versions now. I really dislike the YouTube version. The watermark is SO large, and occasionally we get a message like this:
Screenshot (118).png
This translates to "This copy is intended for display on the YouTube channel Delta Video, any copying is prohibited." I did not see anything like that on either the ulozto or on the blizzardkid HDTV versions.