[REL] Yami no kodomotachi (2008)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Yami no kodomotachi (2008)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:no caps because i don`t want to watch this :(
I wish I hadn't. This is a very dark look at child prostitution (there are NO OT scenes by the way, just suggestions of what is happening) and the brutality against the little children is very upsetting.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

I thought about posting this but after viewing it I decided against it. It pushes the boundaries alot
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Rich wrote:Yami no kodomotachi (2008) [Children of the Dark]
Then I was invited to see an early cut of the film at Imagica in November. I can say that whatever form the final cut takes, it is a rough and unblinking depiction of the sexual and medical exploitation of Thai children -- it shows as much as can be shown within legal limits. What I admired about it is that it painfully captures the guilt on all sides in social problems such as this. The fact that Yang Seok-il's book (see right), which the film is partially based on, contains even more disturbing truths is hard to stomach. No wonder Sakamoto wanted to go back to genre filmmaking with Fujiwara Tatsuya-starrer Chameleon.

A couple of major festivals unfortunately decided to pass on Children of the Dark (weren't brave enough to program it?), but I think aside from its domestic run it'll eventually garner the overseas attention it deserves. Whatever critics and audiences think of Children of the Dark, it'll get people talking and hopefully help give a voice to some of these kids.
http://jasongray.blogspot.com/2008/03/c ... 5945520000

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 801a2.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1221151/

Can't find many images / screens anywhere :think

You can try now after 3 years ^^
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   25 likes

In Full HD:

[Image]

WARNING: This movie is hard to watch and has some disturbing scenes. So watch at your own risk.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.60 Gb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [62.0 Kb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks, ghost, but watching it once was more than enough for me.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I am a masochist and I have not seen it, so I'll go for it. Thank you, ghost.
Usually I end up compulsively rewatching the films I find disturbing...
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Pretty cold-blooded and matter-of-fact in its depiction of the nastier moments. Impressive as a film. It should probably disturb me that this film did not disturb me as much as it ought to have. Sad to say my sensitivity has been pretty well sandblasted by too much extreme cinema. My soul as well? :pray

This sequence of pics is almost straight out of an action movie:
Spoiler:

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
And the absolutely murderous irony of the final scenes put a wicked smile on my face. After all the dire warnings, I actually enjoyed this movie! :shock: Thank you, ghost. I won't pretend that I will watch this all the time, but I don't regret seeing it one bit.