[REL] Romeo et Juliette (2006)

reptile12

Re: [REL] Romeo et Juliette (2006)

Post by reptile12 »   1 likes

I did some subtitles for the BTS but did not edit them to perfectly match so they linger on a bit or change too fast sometimes :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:20 pm Considering the female lead was 14 it's amazing they showed as much as they did, plus a sex scene that was ... pretty convincing, shall we say. Anywhere else in North America besides Quebec they never would have been so risque. It's the French influence. :D
Taking into account that they were on the covers they look like sausages, and that compared to the scene in this film https://www.first-loves.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4198, the one in the Netherlands seems to be more explicit and that in the Canadian film there is a stronger sex scene but with adult actors.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:36 pm
deadman wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:20 pm Considering the female lead was 14 it's amazing they showed as much as they did, plus a sex scene that was ... pretty convincing, shall we say. Anywhere else in North America besides Quebec they never would have been so risque. It's the French influence. :D
Taking into account that they were on the covers they look like sausages, and that compared to the scene in this film viewtopic.php?t=4198, the one in the Netherlands seems to be more explicit and that in the Canadian film there is a stronger sex scene but with adult actors.
Hahah damn, I really need to finish watching this film. I saved it up til now because these films are rare where there are interesting story + good actors + sensitive scenes.

Schatjes was also a very different time. Funnily that shower scene seemed way more explicit than the Sex scene they filmed (which was fairly disappointing in my opinion and especially after they had gone all in/out with that shower scene before). Felt like wasted potential and didn’t make too much sense to me. That sex scene was just shot weirdly
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

reptile12 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:27 am I did some subtitles for the BTS but did not edit them to perfectly match so they linger on a bit or change too fast sometimes :P

Nice! I didn't expect anyone to try subtitling the featurette - even if they're not perfect we'll at least mostly know what people are saying. Thank you. 8-)
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:39 pm
reptile12 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:27 am I did some subtitles for the BTS but did not edit them to perfectly match so they linger on a bit or change too fast sometimes :P

Nice! I didn't expect anyone to try subtitling the featurette - even if they're not perfect we'll at least mostly know what people are saying. Thank you. 8-)
:)) This ai thing is cool i hav to say. Now that AI is around I want to do subs for all the movies I don't have subs for, but i did more tests and neither the timing nor the sentences it produces are perfect but better than nothing i think.
goku33

reptile12 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:45 pm

:)) This ai thing is cool i hav to say. Now that AI is around I want to do subs for all the movies I don't have subs for, but i did more tests and neither the timing nor the sentences it produces are perfect but better than nothing i think.
For manual subtitle creation the waveform method seems to be the most useful, I think @night457 has talked about it before
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:16 pm
reptile12 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:45 pm

For manual subtitle creation the waveform method seems to be the most useful, I think @night457 has talked about it before
I found a thread with discussion about it thanks. Didn't know about waveform view in subtitle edit.
goku33

reptile12 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:45 pm
I found a thread with discussion about it thanks. Didn't know about waveform view in subtitle edit.
Yeah I also didn’t know about it for so long ..creating timeframes more manually../without visual help
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

THANK YOU! I felt like such an idiot when I brought it up awhile back at FLM, and everyone said "What, you didn't know about THAT???" At least now I know that I am not the ONLY one. I thought maybe it was a default view that I disabled because I did not understand it. Now I can't live without it.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Hey deadman, thanks for those updated links, and thank you reptile for those subs! Glad to have another subber on board. What projects do you plan on taking up?