TAC

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
goku33

Re: TAC

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:07 pm Ha ha shame on you (a bit) if you never heard of Milla Jovovich, Nastassja Kinski, and I pity you (a bit) if you never enjoyed the explicitness of the scenes of Wendel or Haenel.
But sure, we can debate about noteworthiness of different girls or movies, opinions may differ.
I actually didn’t see Wendel and Haenel‘s films until recently. I am probably more on the younger side of this Forums members, so I wasn’t fully aware of the films of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. ;)

And many smaller indie & short films you won’t really come across on mainstream movie sites.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 amI am probably more on the younger side of this Forums members
To this I say THANK GOD. The grey-haired old coots are a great repository of film and technical knowledge, but we need the enthusiasm of new blood in the forum. I for one find it exciting when a comparative "youngster" actually has interest in older movies, and not just the latest streaming release.

Doddering seniors may find pleasure in teasing kids, but it is all out of love. You can just grin and say "okay boomer" under your breath. :lol:
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:46 pm
goku33 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 amI am probably more on the younger side of this Forums members
To this I say THANK GOD. The grey-haired old coots are a great repository of film and technical knowledge, but we need the enthusiasm of new blood in the forum. I for one find it exciting when a comparative "youngster" actually has interest in older movies, and not just the latest streaming release.

Doddering seniors may find pleasure in teasing kids, but it is all out of love. You can just grin and say "okay boomer" under your breath. :lol:

Im glad to have found this community. So many sites and communities online are so toxic nowadays but so far my experience on here has been the opposite (it probably also has to do with the number of participating users being small. Seems like we got lots of lurkers here?).

I’ve always been into archiving and upgrading films, tv shows. I’ve uploaded stuff to archive.org in the past as well just to preserve old films or tv shows. eMule and FLM have been a great addition to my other communities & sources for old/lost media. e.g. some cartoon show that I thought was lost, someone recently shared old TVRips of it. And sometimes you wake up one day and see a VHS copy of your old favorite film on YouTube. Of course some media stay lost forever..but as long as the masters still exist at studios & production companies..

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/maga ... dings.html

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/501 ... wn-history

https://www.channel4.com/news/lost-dr-w ... odes-found
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:09 pmI’ve uploaded stuff to archive.org in the past as well just to preserve old films or tv shows.
You have now earned my admiration, sir.
:thumbsup
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 am I actually didn’t see Wendel and Haenel‘s films until recently. I am probably more on the younger side of this Forums members, so I wasn’t fully aware of the films of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. ;)
Ima bit curious, from which decade do you hale?
And care to tell us what other resources, other than emule you use? I discovered movieorca.com and fmovies.to last month, but they aren't all that great, just newer movies.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:32 pm
goku33 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 am I actually didn’t see Wendel and Haenel‘s films until recently. I am probably more on the younger side of this Forums members, so I wasn’t fully aware of the films of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. ;)
Ima bit curious, from which decade do you hale?
And care to tell us what other resources, other than emule you use? I discovered movieorca.com and fmovies.to last month, but they aren't all that great, just newer movies.
I use everything from One-Click-Hosters (only If i am forced lol), Usenet, torrents (both private trackers, private nzb Forums/indexers) to other forums, youtube, archive.org and now of course also eMule which has been a fantastic addition.

I’m under the age of 30 ;)

Since I do speak German, I’ve used in the past the old serienjunkies.org and dokujunkies.org sites for rare tv shows and documentaries (serienjunkies was amazing with its own tv cappers that recorded shows). But in recent years the main uploader of these sites all migrated to Serienfans.org & Filmfans.org and the Forum they have (board.serienfans.org) includes for example a „User Upload“ subforum where I’ve seen people upload VHSRips as well. The old serienjunkies.org site had an insane amount of tv shows, and was special because of rare dTV.XviD recordings etc of shows that never got released on dvd or Streaming again.

It can get a bit..overwhelming sometimes with so many sources for content. Like recently I search for one film on all my sites and places..and suddenly one site surprisingly had a release of the film..while all other sites gave me zero results. So it’s always worth it to look everywhere..
Triela

goku33 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:51 pmIt can get a bit ... overwhelming sometimes with so many sources for content. Like recently I search for one film on all my sites and places ... and suddenly one site surprisingly had a release of the film ... while all other sites gave me zero results. So it’s always worth it to look everywhere..
okay, so here's a challenge:
Alfons Zitterbacke (1986) 1x06 Der Kompasskenner with Juliane Pahl
Could you find this and make an eMule link?
because it's a little , a LOT confusing to me what is what with this series... thanks.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:09 pm
Im glad to have found this community. So many sites and communities online are so toxic nowadays but so far my experience on here has been the opposite (it probably also has to do with the number of participating users being small. Seems like we got lots of lurkers here?).
Most of the "grey-haired old coots" here lol, have seen and experienced everything there is to see (and was to see) on the web and they been through all the stages of digesting it. If they are still here, they live with what they have seen and what they like to see, but don't make their life a focus of it. They are pretty chill and realise that what people desire to see is not a reflection of who they are. So, I guess that would explain the non-toxicity.

Welcome to FLM.
Triela

Everything? How about photo-realistic, deepfake-ish animation?
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:26 am Everything? How about photo-realistic, deepfake-ish animation?
Sure, I'll bite, because you gave another member here a hard time for no reason. I started FLM, who are you? We don't do control or one-upmanship here.

My post was a reasoned, and very experienced POV. I really hope that you understand what I was saying, but that will only (if you are lucky) come with time.