[REL] My Queen Karo (2009)

emuler

Re: [REL] My Queen Karo (2009)

Post by emuler »   1 likes

What's wrong with wicker riot shields? Wicker is very tough, besides being light and somewhat flexible, so practically unbreakable.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:What's wrong with wicker riot shields? Wicker is very tough, besides being light and somewhat flexible, so practically unbreakable.
My experience with wicker only goes to baskets and lawn furniture, not weaponry. Yes, I am sure it is good enough as defense against weak hippie fisties, but I am used to cops who demonstrate a greater use of force. If I was planning to riot against police I knew were defended only by wicker, I would bring my axe. (But then I don't live in the inner city, where I suppose axes are not so common.)
popdrome wrote:Welcome to the Netherlands! BTW they changed that since Coov! Now full indian steel!
Now THAT is more like it. Those kinds of shields can also be used as offensive weapons, to bash skulls and split open faces, just the same as medieval shields could be used. They also might be bullet-proof.

So popdrome, you are saying the wicker shields are historically accurate? Wow, I learn something new every day.

Sheesh, looking over this post I sound like a sadistic ghoul. Sorry. Really, I was just concerned about realistic representation in movies, and it seems my question has been answered. Thanks guys!
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Wicker baskets and furniture can withstand years of hard use, and wicker shields can take sticks, stones and even a few blows of an axe or sword. Of course, if you attack a cop with an axe or sword, they have the right to shoot you dead. Besides, they are a LOT cheaper than kevlar.
Night457
Global Moderator

emuler wrote:wicker shields can take sticks, stones and even a few blows of an axe or sword.
It sounds like you speak from experience! Are you one of those Society for Creative Anachronism types, re-enacting medieval combat? That always sounded fun to me.
Of course, if you attack a cop with an axe or sword, they have the right to shoot you dead.
Very true (I have not tried it), but it did not look like these candy-ass Queen Karo cops were packing heat.
greycloud

Post by greycloud »   0 likes

Thank you very much for your work.
Lionos

Post by Lionos »   0 likes

Id like to see the making of but it seems the sources are dead
Night457
Global Moderator

A big THANK YOU to whoever reshared the Making Of!

eMule link in this post:
https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... aro#p57182
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I remember that Behind the Scene, it was not what I expected unlike https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... o&start=40 if it was interesting but the video quality was poor.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Just noticed this from a tab I opened a few days ago to check out at some point. I found it from following the imdb "more like this" option from other FLM movies, and it looks like I've stumbled upon a real classic! Never heard of this one. What a great find with another long FLM thread history. Almost too many upgrades and upscales to keep track of! I grabbed the 1080p upscale in ghost's post here where he quotes his previously release, hope this is the correct one.

Thanks to everyone involved in finding upgrades and creating upscales and subs from all the different sources of this film and sharing them here! This film looks like it'll have to go high on the watch-next list.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   116 likes

Yes, pillowbaker. This is one of my favourite movies. You shouldn't miss it!

Make sure to get this link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.31 Gb]