[REL] Hexe Lilli (2008)

starfish21

Re: [REL] Hexe Lilli (2008)

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i did the same,quite funny reading some of the blatant sarcasm,and barbed comments.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

A little thread bump for the Alzheimer members. ;)

Cheers :D
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

infiniter and PTg should get married. :lol: Now that would be an interesting sitcom. :roll:
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

There was a fight in this thread? I don't remember. This is when I get temporary Alzheimer.

Today, a few years later after starting the thread, one thing has changed: energy costs are much higher now. So leaving the PC running 24/7 just to download files from eDonkey network with utterly slow speed is not an advantage anymore, coz it's free (it's actually not). Just calculate what the PC uses up when running 1 week and how many files you can get within that time and then compare to what it would cost downloading them within a few minutes from usenet from a server that has 1800 days retention, full speed ( atm, I got a 100MB cable line) and only costs $15 or less.

I just use the old donkey from time to time because many of the files here are unfortunately not on usenet or even torrent. This is because many users still think it would be cheaper to download them "for free" from eDonkey. Let alone the fact how many times they completely uploaded the files they host in their sharing folder, instead of one time in years. Sure, after a few years, the retention ends and the files get deleted on the usenet servers, but then they can be uploaded again. One time in years.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Energy costs are higher, but PCs are more energy efficient today than few years ago. One can run eMule in a smartphone. Many people have IP-based telephone and TV, so they cannot switch off the Internet connection anyway.

Nowadays Usenet servers aggressively delete copyrighted files, so posting on the Usenet is not reliable either. Besides, usually you need a credit card to purchase a Usenet account. Credit card companies require close monitoring of the accounts (http://torrentfreak.com/paypal-bans-use ... ns-121121/), so not everybody is comfortable using a credit card, and not everybody has a credit card to start with.

I have nothing against Usenet, though. We even have a whole forum dedicated to Usenet and zipped NZB files can be posted as attachments.
infiniter

Usenet providers only delete files upon request and then usually only top score movies, not even software. They furthermore offer various payment options, like SSL-News.

I just wanted to point out that there is no advantage left for eDonkey, since the network has not evolved. I still only get max. 300kb/s down speed or only ~200kb/s up speed, though I can provide much more. The network simply doesn't use the availabale bandwidth and that is because the system is, like, 10 year old and has not been adapted to nowadays speeds and capabilities.
Right know I'm downloading two files with a total of 20kb/s. That's absolutely pathetic! Is eDonkey only for users with DSL lines less than 6000? Though I even doubt they still exist.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

we've had this discussion many times before,i use every possible means to dl,i only use emule for FLM,but as you say there are many rare files only available on mule,and have been floating around for years.
incidently,Infiniter...that's a rather short nick you use on thelostmovies :lol:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

infiniter wrote:Is eDonkey only for users with DSL lines less than 6000? Though I even doubt they still exist.
Trust me, they still exist. 1792kbps down, 448kbps up and no other affordable options.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
infiniter wrote:Is eDonkey only for users with DSL lines less than 6000? Though I even doubt they still exist.
Trust me, they still exist. 1792kbps down, 448kbps up and no other affordable options.
Phuzzy is right - I'll be getting one soon - 1Mbps down. A nice upgrade to my current 512kbps. Of course, I have to share it with 3 other people... :roll:

On an unrelated note, I'll be offline for several hours tomorrow. Got to take my laptop to work.
infiniter

Hmm, sounds like you're living deep in Africa. :icon_biggrin2