[REL] Hexe Lilli (2008)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Hexe Lilli (2008)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

infiniter wrote:Hmm, sounds like you're living deep in Africa. :icon_biggrin2
These are the options in my area:
Dial-up - very very slow
Mi-Fi - Faster but expensive - around $60 / mo plus startup costs.
DSL - various speeds and prices but you must be within 2 miles of the nearest telco switching station. Not a problem if you're in a city but very much a problem in a rural area like mine. My house is about 100 meters past the cutoff line and we had to beg the telco to connect us.
Cable - If there's a cable provider in your area that also supplies internet. There's a cable box on the pole outside my house but that company doesn't provide internet.
Satellite - Expensive, unreliable, and slow and you still have a phone connection.

We're at the mercy of big corporations. Sometimes I think semaphores or smoke signals would be more reliable and faster. ;)
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

They're laying down fiber cables in my locality, but at the rate they're going it will be a couple of years before it is ready for service. :wall And then there's the cost factor to consider. Universities in Delhi do have 1000Mbps links, but they have grants to cover the charges.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

What's really sad is there's a major fiber trunk that goes right along the edge of my property but no way to tap into it. :(
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Film has been released on BluRay (including German subtitles) as have the other Lillie films from this series.