Simple Port Forwarding Software

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Simple Port Forwarding Software

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

For people having trouble getting their router set up to get HighID, there's a FREE program called Simple Port Forwarding that might take the sting out of it. Take a look at http://simpleportforwarding.com/ and see what you think. It currently lists close to 1000 routers/setups and leads you through the process step by step. From my admittedly short checks, it seems to do what it advertises. It has the normal installation version but there's also a "portable" version that's supposed to work from pen drives. Be aware it isn't truly portable because it wants to install some files to the hard drive, but that shouldn't be a problem for most people.
[Image]
emuler

Re: Simple Port Forwarding Software

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks. :) I usually do it myself, but this looks like it could help those less geeky.

The definitive (FREE) resource for this is http://www.portforward.com :thumbsup
Ziggy Plock

Re: Simple Port Forwarding Software

Post by Ziggy Plock »   1 likes

It isn't just that THREE virus scanners flagged this app simple_port_forwarding_setup for viruses, but also that it has a negative Community Score of -7 on Virustotal: Click here for the scan results of Simple Port Forwarding

DrWeb flagged it as: BackDoor.IRC.Bot.4560
SecureAge APEX flagged it as: Malicious
VirIT flagged it as: Backdoor.Win32.Bot.GTK

OTOH the weird and possibly interesting thing is that its companion app simple port tester setup is too, flagged by the same THREE virus scanners for viruses, but that one DOES have a POSItive Community Score of +46 on Virustotal: Click here for the scan results of Simple Port Tester

DrWeb flagged it as: BackDoor.IRC.Bot.4560
SecureAge APEX flagged it as: Malicious
VirIT flagged it as: Backdoor.Win32.Bot.GTK
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]