[REL] Hick (2010)

starfish21

Re: [REL] Hick (2010)

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

For An Angel wrote: Chloe was AWESOME in this!
Maybe just a tad fanatical.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:
For An Angel wrote: Chloe was AWESOME in this!
Maybe just a tad fanatical.
Actually starfish... Stating that Chloe is 'AWESOME' is a fairly expected statement from any normal 'fan'.. I'd say it's THIS statement that skirts the fanatical edge:
For An Angel wrote:... :blush Did anyone notice her brother Trevor at the end? I recognized him the instant I saw that hair :lol:
;)

Great job finding this, ptg.. Many thanks for bringing it to FLM. :thumbsup

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

The rip I posted is great quality but if you want the original that the rip came from it is now on torrent. http://kat.ph/hick-2012-hdrip-720p-x264 ... 88256.html

720p :cool
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

*sigh*

I JUST finished watching this a little while ago... Feeling somewhat bewildered I rushed to find some online reviews of 'Hick', and was relieved to find that it was pretty much trashed for many of the same things that I found were keeping ME from liking this movie..

..And I REALLY wanted to like this film..

Bottom line is; if it were some other actress, same age as Chloe, no matter how good they were I probably wouldn't have finished watching the film. The god-awful stereotypes, the acting, the dialogue; none of it really kept my attention.

I STARTED watching this film around the beginning of the week and could never work up the 'umph' to finish it. I even spent most of the day today watching a 'Law and Order: CI' marathon [2 of the shows I had seen before]; and I really don't even like L&O..

So in the respect that Chloe Moretz was the ONLY reason I continued to watch 'Hick', I guess Chloe was 'awesome'. But honestly, her acting wasn't all that great, it was just that Chloe is Chloe, and I think she's kinda cute.. :heart :heart

At some point in the future, I'll probably end up purchasing the DVD [when it hits the 'sales' bin] only because I'm an obsessive-compulsive collector and I HAVE to have everything I can find that is available starring Chloe Grace Moretz. At least right now while she still holds some attraction for me.. ;)

kev.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i think by the time they make the second 'kickass' she'll be lucky to make the age cut here at 'Flm' or maybe we could make an exception for her.
ptguardian

starfish21 wrote:i think by the time they make the second 'kickass' she'll be lucky to make the age cut here at 'Flm' or maybe we could make an exception for her.
I think PUSH and the Runaways was pushing it for Dakota but I am glad they are here. Actresses we have followed for years can easily be given exception. Elle comes to mind.

We have a lot of young ones we are following now that still have a lot of time left but none as kick-ass as Chloe.

As far as the sequel goes her angelic young face is going to be around for it but as I just saw in Dark Shadows her body is growing up very fast and may not be. ;)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

A torrent for those with very limited bandwidth (like me):
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7336550/ ... %5D_Junoon

We have to figure out this guy's encoding techniques. How the hell did he manage this in less than 400MB? Can the experts give their opinion please?
ptguardian

emuler wrote:A torrent for those with very limited bandwidth (like me):
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7336550/ ... %5D_Junoon

We have to figure out this guy's encoding techniques. How the hell did he manage this in less than 400MB? Can the experts give their opinion please?
I am pretty sure he is part of the Ganool release team. Here is their site http://ganool.com/. The best for small size I think is the YIFY release group http://www.yify-torrents.com/. I have posted several files from Junoon, Ganool and YIFY here already. ;)
emuler

I'm thinking low target bitrate along with very high maximum bitrate. This lets the encoder compress scenes with low motion content very effectively, but leaves enough headroom so that scenes with fast motion are not seriously degraded. I analysed a similar video and found the peak bitrate to be a whopping 40Mbps. :o
emuler

Hmm.. I didn't think hicks waxed. :o Those legs look wonderfully smooth. :drool :icon_cool4