[REL] Mushketyory iz 4A (1972) [short]

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Mushketyory iz 4A (1972) [short]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:03 am
I don't mean to step on any toes.
No, you didn't. No need to say sorry. ;)
After all, you did have it in a shared folder, right? Obviously it was not a huge secret! It was available for those who wanted to search it out.

But now I am intrigued about future subtitles ...
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Nice upgrade, Ghost! :icon_thumbsup

Summer adventure of 10yo shoolmates in fisherman village on river Dnepr.

These days their adventures would be a little more hazardous.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:25 am But now I am intrigued about future subtitles ...

I know a little bit of Russian, so maybe I can help with something? Or maybe we have a native Russian speaker who could help?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

These are the subtitles speech-to-text gave me. I just didn't have the time to translate them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:33 pm I just didn't have the time to translate them.
Thank you ghost! Others can take it from here if they wish, or you can do it when you have the time and enthusiasm for it. I know how time-consuming and tedious it can be when I feel the obligation to correct machine-translated subtitles, even when it is something simple and obvious like capitalizing a person's name. I realize that most things I watch will only be watched once (unless there is a quality upgrade!), so I am generally content with less-than-perfect translations. If it is something I know I will watch many times (like Astrid Lindgren movies!) then I am willing to take the time to polish the subtitles. But mostly I would rather move on to watching something else, and fixing subtitles is for when I have insomnia. I can hardly blame anyone else for feeling the same way.

More and more often I will share both the original language subtitles and "uncorrected machine-translated subtitles", so I place the burden on the end user if they want a better translation. ;)

So, yes: I would certainly appreciate any translation with corrections by someone who knows some Russian!
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

I can see quite a few speech-to-text errors that would mess up machine translation for sure, so if someone with fluent Russian could correct those errors, it would help with machine translation a lot.

Otherwise I'll see what I can do in a couple of weeks, but I don't think I would be able to create near-perfect subs like "Goluboy Portret" (just watching it). Even if I understand, it is often difficult to translate to English.

BTW, the subs in .srt file are delayed ca. 20 seconds in relation to .mkv.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

BTW, the subs in .srt file are delayed ca. 20 seconds in relation to .mkv.
Yes, I made it from the original file which had some extra seconds in the beginning.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

OK, here is my translation. I could not translate all lines and no guarantee that everything is 100% correct.

I did not correct the 20 second delay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:40 pm OK, here is my translation. I could not translate all lines and no guarantee that everything is 100% correct.

I did not correct the 20 second delay.

Thanks, mimzy, that's a good starting point! You solved some lines that I couldn't get. :thumbsup
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   53 likes

The subtitles are finsished. :P

So here's my official release:
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [880.49 Mb]

Home made English subtitles (revised 2x):
Like this post to see ed2k links  [25.3 Kb]