[REL] A Menina Do Lado (1987) [Brazil]

bigk

Re: [REL] A Menina Do Lado (1987) [Brazil]

Post by bigk »   0 likes

goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

bigk wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:08 pm Have anyone ever find this one?
https://tezfiles.com/file/12686646355c6 ... r.1987.avi
Found here: https://rarelust.com/movies-index/
I wil leave to check but I am fairly sure I’ve downloaded this file also already, as you can see in the thumbnails it once again is just a version with the same old tv logo we’ve seen in all other rips/releases before. I have like 3 or 4 versions of this film saved. Still need to compare which one was the best. But even the best one will still only be an old vhs rip.

I will continue looking out for the rare Japanese LaserDisc and VHSTape of this film. I do not think any legitimate dvd was ever sold. Not even in Japan or Brazil. The sold DVDs are just transferred VHSRips.

When I first found out about this film, I was quite excited for it overall but now after having seen other great films like „Sara“ or also the many Swedish, danish and French productions I must say „Menina Do Lado“ has fallen off for me: the entire dialogue, music and acting seem quite cheap/bad. And Flavia (14y) in her role simply doesn’t have the same sex appeal Agnieszka had at 16yo. If you read interviews, Flavia even mentions the female co-director basically telling her to ride like she’d ride horses or something lol.

I simply didn’t believe the acting and story of this film. She/they didn’t convince me that her character actually fell for that older book Author. Most of their scenes together felt cringe I’m gonna be honest.

[Image]
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:59 pmWhen I first found out about this film, I was quite excited for it overall but now after having seen other great films like „Sara“ or also the many Swedish, danish and French productions I must say „Menina Do Lado“ has fallen off for me: the entire dialogue, music and acting seem quite cheap/bad. And Flavia (14y) in her role simply doesn’t have the same sex appeal Agnieszka had at 16yo. If you read interviews, Flavia even mentions the female co-director basically telling her to ride like she’d ride horses or something lol.

I simply didn’t believe the acting and story of this film. She/they didn’t convince me that her character actually fell for that older book Author. Most of their scenes together felt cringe I’m gonna be honest.

Definitely overacted and melodramatic. The sex scenes, especially the one with Flavia riding the horse (so to speak) are so obviously fake it's distracting - her screams sound less like ecstasy and more like someone being violently murdered. There was no genuine chemistry between the leads. Awfully hard to suspend your disbelief and pretend they're in love.

That's not to say A Menina Do Lado doesn't have its charms. I'd be lying if I claimed that seeing a bluray for sale I wouldn't order it in a second. You're right though, Sara is a different class. The relationship between the central couple is so much more convincing. I'm actually puzzled as to why a bluray didn't come out for that one years ago. It's a well known cult favorite in Poland.
goku33

deadman wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:11 am
goku33 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:59 pmWhen I first found out about this film, I was quite excited for it overall but now after having seen other great films like „Sara“ or also the many Swedish, danish and French productions I must say „Menina Do Lado“ has fallen off for me: the entire dialogue, music and acting seem quite cheap/bad. And Flavia (14y) in her role simply doesn’t have the same sex appeal Agnieszka had at 16yo. If you read interviews, Flavia even mentions the female co-director basically telling her to ride like she’d ride horses or something lol.

Definitely overacted and melodramatic. The sex scenes, especially the one with Flavia riding the horse (so to speak) are so obviously fake it's distracting - her screams sound less like ecstasy and more like someone being violently murdered. There was no genuine chemistry between the leads. Awfully hard to suspend your disbelief and pretend they're in love.

That's not to say A Menina Do Lado doesn't have its charms. I'd be lying if I claimed that seeing a bluray for sale I wouldn't order it in a second. You're right though, Sara is a different class. The relationship between the central couple is so much more convincing. I'm actually puzzled as to why a bluray didn't come out for that one years ago. It's a well known cult favorite in Poland.

To me the Charme of „Menina Do Lado“ is that whole Brazil in the 80s vibe. The beach and everything. Flavia is cute but I’m certain she would have had better chemistry with someone closer to her own age (even someone in their 20s) and maybe the Director also simply wasn’t that good.

„Sara“ is interesting in that the nudity and the controversial relationship never feels sleazy, cheap, fake/staged or voyeuristic.
I think I’m gonna watch it again soon (I haven’t fully finished the ending yet). It’s well paced and well written. Could it be that it’s a bit more coherent than Boguslaw Linda‘s „Psy“? (I’ve said it before: A shame that one doesn’t have more sensitive scenes).

Compared to „Menina Do Lado“ the Sex scenes in „Goddess of the Fireflies“ and even the Short one in „Succede“ (2018) or even the one at beginning of „Kids“ (1995) with the very Young Sarah Henderson (12) feel way more genuine and authentic.

Don’t spoil anything for me, I haven’t finished watched Romeo&Juliet yet :) but I am aware of the interesting behind the scenes information on SensitiveContent about This Film and it’s sensitive scenes: https://sensitivecontent.info/movie.php?id=17799
(My point being that actors can have believable sex scenes on screen despite maybe still lacking these in experiences in real life like Flavia was actually).

I wonder if the actresses of „Tigermilch“ (2017) were still virgins in real life :D In my social circle when I was a teen many girls lost their virginity at 13—15. but I think mostly 14. and obviously some way later when they got into their first serious relationship at 15-18.
sadly a lot of what I saw was actually close to what they portrayed in „kids“ (1995). I just had the wrong friends back then. A lot of them started with drugs at 13-14 and were addicted within 2 years.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Laserdisc for $6 at Yahoo auctions Japan which does not allow selling to foreigners and is why anime fans, figure collectors etc always have to use a proxy buyer:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au ... 1099694150 (only accessible with JP Vpn)

proxy buyers:

1) https://zenmarket.jp/de/auction.aspx?it ... 1099694150

2) https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l10 ... =yaucc_mod
(there might be an issue with nsfw articles which I’m not even sure if this Film and it’s Covers fit The criteria)

3) https://www.remambo.jp/auction/item/l1099694150#photo

International shipping for this should be maximum $30 including the proxy buyers fees.

I contemplated pulling the trigger on this because I also know people that can digitalize LD‘s, but I got a lot going on right now (with health issues) and was unsure about maybe issues with customs (that cover..)
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:04 pmI contemplated pulling the trigger on this because I also know people that can digitalize LD‘s, but I got a lot going on right now (with health issues) and was unsure about maybe issues with customs (that cover..)

You don't have to worry about customs. Mostly they just X-ray packages. If for some reason they thought the disc was an explosive, or a package of fentanyl, and they actually opened it for inspection ... these people see far raunchier media, sex toys, and even more bizarre stuff passing through all the time. They aren't the morality police. Their job is only to make sure nothing dangerous goes through and that any potential tariffs or other taxes which may be owed have been paid (doesn't really apply here).

Sorry to hear you're having health issues. Hope it's not anything truly serious!
goku33

deadman wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:24 pm
goku33 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:04 pmI contemplated pulling the trigger on this because I also know people that can digitalize LD‘s, but I got a lot going on right now (with health issues) and was unsure about maybe issues with customs (that cover..)

You don't have to worry about customs. Mostly they just X-ray packages. If for some reason they thought the disc was an explosive, or a package of fentanyl, and they actually opened it for inspection ... these people see far raunchier media, sex toys, and even more bizarre stuff passing through all the time. They aren't the morality police. Their job is only to make sure nothing dangerous goes through and that any potential tariffs or other taxes which may be owed have been paid (doesn't really apply here).

Sorry to hear you're having health issues. Hope it's not anything truly serious!
Thanks! I guess sometimes I can get too paranoid haha, it’s a regular Film on laserdisc not some photo book of nude children or something similar questionable.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

That'd be great if somebody could get the LD and digitise it!!! All you need is a LD player that has the yellow analogue video out. Plug that into a video card that can take the analogue video - I have such a card but no LD player. Am sure it would upscale well to 720p even!
Am surprised nobody in the world has aquired the Japanese LD and made a upgrade!
endurro

Post by endurro »   0 likes

I see a little off top here about the film "Sara".

What deadman wrote is true.
"Sara" is a cult film in Poland. It had a mass audience in cinemas. Very good director, very good Polish actors (at that time they were real stars with Boguslaw Linda in the lead). Agnieszka Włodarczyk, who played Sara, became a very popular actress and celebrity soon after the film.
Also a great script, a story that draws the viewer in. Plus good music. All in all, it looks like a complete work. Great entertainment.
goku33

endurro wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:20 am I see a little off top here about the film "Sara".

What deadman wrote is true.
"Sara" is a cult film in Poland. It had a mass audience in cinemas. Very good director, very good Polish actors (at that time they were real stars with Boguslaw Linda in the lead). Agnieszka Włodarczyk, who played Sara, became a very popular actress and celebrity soon after the film.
Also a great script, a story that draws the viewer in. Plus good music. All in all, it looks like a complete work. Great entertainment.
Thanks, that’s great insight! It indeed seems like a complete & good film. The script/writing being the most important basis for it. I’m very close to tracking down the German dubbed version of the film as well.