[REL] A Menina Do Lado (1987) [Brazil]

David32441

Re: [REL] A Menina Do Lado (1987) [Brazil]

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:12 am
Night457 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:03 am
Composite video (yellow plug) probably won't have the best possible quality and my video card had terrible quality anyway. I've digitized VHS with an external device that plugs to S-Video and gives lossless digital video stream via Firewire (this can be encoded with Handbrake etc.) :ugeek:

But I don't have an LD player either... :oops:
I never owned one because I had no money when they were the big thing! But now I was wondering if laserdisc players even HAD S-video connection like I know some VHS players did. Apparently some did, but using it might not have been ideal. From https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/400 ... e-capture# --

I've never actually used a laserdisc player or even seen one up close. Did any of them have component video or VGA outputs?
I never owned one. But Google image search and I see many have S-video (5pin?) and composite video (yellow phono) + optical for the digital audio track as well as stereo for the audio. I imagine many European players had SCART - butthat only is the s-video or yellow phono (depending on how wired).
I've used video capture cards that have both s-video and composite. S-video is a bit better quality as it seperates the image more to prevent colour bleeding. It won't be as good as component out I believe. You're unlikely to see any with HDMI out as they were popular before we went above PAL / NTSC and had only 625 / 525 lines.
DaveTheBoss

Post by DaveTheBoss »   0 likes

Hello, I just discovered this movie 10 days ago by chance. What a surprise and what audacity ! A Menina do Lado reminded me a lot of Breezy (Clint Eastwood's wonderful film)... Sara (1997) seems very wise in comparison, despite these scenes of action and nudity because in the end, there are no love scenes on screen, not even a simple kiss ! But above all, we don't see in the film their "first time", we have a very clumsy ellipsis !

I'd also like to see a transfer of the laserdisc of Alberto Salva's film, but if you forget something, on a laserdisc the subtitles are not removable, they are unfortunately embedded in the image, in the end we would be frustrated I think. Our only hope of having a restoration of this film is that a Japanese publisher finally decides to release it on blu ray. I don't understand why after all these years, it hasn't happened yet... If anyone is interested, I have created french subtitles myself.

I found on a Russian site, a much higher quality in terms of definition and colors but unfortunately the image of this vhsrip sometimes jumps... And anyway, I don't see how to download it.

https://ok.ru/video/7217152854580

Maybe by some miracle, someone will be able to get it back...
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Welcome to FLM, Dave!

OK.ru videos can be downloaded with free external software like Jdownloader2 or the command-line yt-dlp. I am downloading the link now, although I have not compared the quality to whatever other versions I have. (Scrolling through all my posts in this thread was painful enough.) Have you learned how to use eMule yet to get ed2k links?
DaveTheBoss

I haven't used eMule for years, I thought it didn't exist anymore... Is it possible that you will send it to me via WeTransfer ?
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

DaveTheBoss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 pm Hello, I just discovered this movie 10 days ago by chance. What a surprise and what audacity ! A Menina do Lado reminded me a lot of Breezy (Clint Eastwood's wonderful film)... Sara (1997) seems very wise in comparison, despite these scenes of action and nudity because in the end, there are no love scenes on screen, not even a simple kiss ! But above all, we don't see in the film their "first time", we have a very clumsy ellipsis !

I'd also like to see a transfer of the laserdisc of Alberto Salva's film, but if you forget something, on a laserdisc the subtitles are not removable, they are unfortunately embedded in the image, in the end we would be frustrated I think. Our only hope of having a restoration of this film is that a Japanese publisher finally decides to release it on blu ray. I don't understand why after all these years, it hasn't happened yet... If anyone is interested, I have created french subtitles myself.

I found on a Russian site, a much higher quality in terms of definition and colors but unfortunately the image of this vhsrip sometimes jumps... And anyway, I don't see how to download it.

https://ok.ru/video/7217152854580

Maybe by some miracle, someone will be able to get it back...
German national Library actually got 35mm copies of this film.
DaveTheBoss

goku33 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 pm German national Library actually got 35mm copies of this film.
Oh great... So why is this film so elusive ?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

DaveTheBoss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:56 pm I haven't used eMule for years, I thought it didn't exist anymore...
Still alive and well, just not as popular as torrents. It is the main source of sharing at FLM. It is highly recommended if you find other movies of interest here.
Is it possible that you will send it to me via WeTransfer ?
I don't even know what that is! I uploaded the OK.ru VHSrip to MEGA:

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/file/QZFHGYLS#YnkA2Dg6UXB6bK0t5HEAaAKfHO8HeBMXLgAm1m0T7hU
There is also the TVrip posted by goku, available on eMule: https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 00#p100100
I uploaded that TVrip to MEGA:

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/file/gJ8E3JrA#U4khq6E8V6ApDBDikaDLRkIh3Xkhg10wlXCpdJDFcYk