Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
GhostFace

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post by GhostFace »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:15 am Hey, glad you figured it out for the time being. If your max download caps at 100 kB/s, then you can probably turn off your download rate limiter. Hope you find some movies you enjoy!
i checked the connection caps, download was 96kbps and upload 32kbps i think that is the default settings..i ddnt change it
GhostFace

Post by GhostFace »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:18 am If it is all "in the green" then that is great and you certainly did something right!! Internet speeds vary, and I started out on eMule consistently LOWER than 100 kb/s all the time, and it is still that much of the time. Remember, you can not download from someone any faster than THEIR speed. If you are getting from a source with strong bandwidth it may go faster. eMule often requires time and patience, especially when there is only one source.
copy that Master, Thank you again
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

GhostFace wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:17 ami checked the connection caps, download was 96kbps and upload 32kbps i think that is the default settings..i ddnt change it
That may be the default, and if so it dates back many years -- to the days when most people had slower internet speeds.

Some time when you are not doing much downloading or uploading but your eMule is connected, do an internet speed test in your favorite browser. There are probably dozens of such sites available and I don't know the "best". A quick search gave me these:

https://www.speedtest.net/
https://www.speedcheck.org/

If you already have one you prefer, use that. It is very likely that your speeds could be in Mbps, which is 1000 times faster than kbps! If so, you should definitely raise your cap! I did mention the problems I had because my Internet was faster than my computer hardware. If you scale it up and have problems, you can always scale it back a little lower -- but still faster than turtle speed. Just keep track of your changes until you figure it out.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

GhostFace wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:17 am
pillowbaker wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:15 am Hey, glad you figured it out for the time being. If your max download caps at 100 kB/s, then you can probably turn off your download rate limiter. Hope you find some movies you enjoy!
i checked the connection caps, download was 96kbps and upload 32kbps i think that is the default settings..i ddnt change it
That sounds like the default yeah, I had to tweak mine the other day when I set it up again. :)
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Night457
Global Moderator

GhostFace wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:17 ami checked the connection caps, download was 96kbps and upload 32kbps i think that is the default settings..i ddnt change it
Just for a comparison, I checked my internet speed now and it was 11.16 Mbps download and 4.57 Mbps upload. This is less than it often is running.

However, I will NEVER have eMule at these speeds, at least not on this computer. The fact that I have it running through a VPN no doubt slows it down. I have the capacities set at 20,000 kbps (20 Mbps) and 5000 (5 Mbps). I have the Limits sliders down to about 2700 kbps (2.7 Mbps) each.

This way, I do not have files crashing with errors as I described earlier. I came up with the final numbers by experimenting. I am sure those who have newer computers with better Wi-Fi adapters and faster internet service can do better, if they have sources or downloaders with equal strength.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

download was 96kbps and upload 32kbps
:lol: That's almost nothing. Like back In the nineties.

These are my settings:
[Image]
sam1967

Post by sam1967 »   0 likes

Thank you soooo much for this linux guide my friend. I was already giving up on edonkey donwnloading because of aMule when i found this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

(Continued from here: viewtopic.php?p=108812#p108812)
demonkingisback666 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:47 pm It keeps on 0 seeds no even starting download what should I do
I have been sharing it with HighID for a month, but the ShortyPower link ("sources info" next to the ed2k link) says "Nothing found". Hmmm. However, I am still successfully sharing many other files, so it is probably an issue with your eMule setup. But let us start at the beginning.

Make sure your Internet is connected, of course.

Check to see if your eMule is working generally --

Have you connected to any file yet? Do some experimenting. Try a few files recently posted. Try some by ghost or deadman. They have strong bandwidth and HighID, so you should be able to connect to something of theirs if you have your eMule set up properly. Don't expect immediate download start, but you SHOULD get something. This is a test of your eMule, so you can cancel any file that you do not want to actually download complete.

If your are still getting nothing, then your eMule is likely not setup right.

In the Servers tab of your eMule client, does it say "eD2K: Connected" and "Kad:Connected" in the lower right corner?
Is the "eD2K Network" labeled "High ID" or "Low ID"? LowID can take longer to connect, particularly to other LowID sources. It still WILL connect to HighID.
If you are not connected, do you even have servers listed under Server Name?

If your connections are good, go to the Transfers tab.
What is the "Status" for the file you want?
Is it Paused or Stopped? Then Right-click and choose "Resume".

These are just immediate ideas. There are plenty of issues discussed in this thread ("Step-by-Step eMule Setup") but it will take quite a bit of skimming over the parts that do not apply to your problem. Give me some feedback on my questions. You can continue posting other eMule-setup-related questions in this thread. There may be other useful threads in the "eMule Help/FAQ" forum:viewforum.php?f=69
Caleyunior

Post by Caleyunior »   0 likes

[Image]

I copied and pasted the URL given to me by the user @pillowbaker but this problem occurred.
Night457
Global Moderator

I am drawing a blank right now, other than wondering if you are connected to the Internet. Or maybe your firewall settings are blocking http addresses as unsafe? Did you go through the Setup and select TCP and UDP ports in the first place, BEFORE this?

Suggestions from eMule experts, please?

Here is the history of the problem so far:
pillowbaker wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:41 pm In the "Servers" tab, in the "Update server .met from URL" on the right side, copy/paste http://upd.emule-security.org/server.met and hit update. Then select a server with a lot of users and files.
Then Caleyunior gets this Error (translated to English):
Caleyunior's eMule wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:49 am An error occurred while opening the file to be downloaded, Error:
Unable to find the specified path.
and
Unable to download the Server List from http://upd.emule-security.org/server.met
I will continue to think about this but I hope someone else chimes in!!!