Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

GhostFace wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:39 pm failed connection and downloading is not running
Do you want sympathy or do you want help? Sympathy does nothing, and you have to give more details for help.

If the connection fails then the download will not run, of course.

What kind of connection failure is it? Maybe you need to restart your Internet.
Not that? Can you take a screenshot? (Hide private information in the image, perhaps by editing the image in Paint.) Is it an error in eMule?

If it is an eMule error, the only thing I can think of is a problem that I have encountered, but I don't remember exactly WHAT the error says. I think the Progress bar in the transfers window turns yellow and black. Sometimes the download goes faster than either my ancient computer or my eMule client can handle. Go to Options/Connection and slide the "Download limit" to a lower KB/S and click "Apply". Then close, and then restart your eMule client; make sure it connects to a Server. If the file you were downloading has a Status of "Stopped" in the Transfers window, right-click on it and select "Resume". It should start up again if someone is sharing it currently. If limiting the Download speed helps, then you probably need to set Options/Connection/Capacities/Download to a lower number.

OF course, this might have nothing to do with your problem. I can not tell because you did not give details.
GhostFace

Post by GhostFace »   0 likes

If it is an eMule error, the only thing I can think of is a problem that I have encountered, but I don't remember exactly WHAT the error says. I think the Progress bar in the transfers window turns yellow and black. Sometimes the download goes faster than either my ancient computer or my eMule client can handle. Go to Options/Connection and slide the "Download limit" to a lower KB/S and click "Apply". Then close, and then restart your eMule client; make sure it connects to a Server. If the file you were downloading has a Status of "Stopped" in the Transfers window, right-click on it and select "Resume". It should start up again if someone is sharing it currently. If limiting the Download speed helps, then you probably need to set Options/Connection/Capacities/Download to a lower number...
I think i need only this humble message,.. thank you
GhostFace

GhostFace

GhostFace wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:05 pm If it is an eMule error, the only thing I can think of is a problem that I have encountered, but I don't remember exactly WHAT the error says. I think the Progress bar in the transfers window turns yellow and black. Sometimes the download goes faster than either my ancient computer or my eMule client can handle. Go to Options/Connection and slide the "Download limit" to a lower KB/S and click "Apply". Then close, and then restart your eMule client; make sure it connects to a Server. If the file you were downloading has a Status of "Stopped" in the Transfers window, right-click on it and select "Resume". It should start up again if someone is sharing it currently. If limiting the Download speed helps, then you probably need to set Options/Connection/Capacities/Download to a lower number...I think i need only this humble message,.. thank you
How much MBPS needs to work this Emule
Night457
Global Moderator

GhostFace wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:56 pm How much MBPS needs to work this Emule
That depends on your Internet speed and the power of your computer. You can do an online speed-test to determine your typical speeds and use that value. You can experiment if you get the problem I had.

However, based on the image you shared, my wild guess was WRONG for your issue. It was NOT the download speed that was the problem. I can see that clearly from the image.

This is assuming you got eMule working at least once. If it never worked for you, then you have it setup wrong. There are many things you could have done wrong, sad to say.

If it worked before, try this:

First, make sure your Internet is connected.
Close eMule and restart it.
If it does not connect, go to the Servers tab in eMule.
Update Server.met from URL.
(See this post here: viewtopic.php?p=99859#p99859)
After it is updated, select a Server, right-click and "Connect To".
Let it go through the connection process for a few minutes. If the "ed2k" is "Connected" but the Kad is still "Connecting" or is "Not Connected", then go to the Kad tab in your eMule client and click "Connect" and let it process. After it is Connected you can click "Recheck Firewall" if necessary.

That is all the suggestions I have for now.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

GhostFace wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:56 pm How much MBPS needs to work this Emule
I am curious what it looks like under your "Servers" tab on your emule. Can you describe it or take a screenshot of it?

Also, do you use a VPN? I am curious if it is keeping you from connecting.
GhostFace

Thank you, this is so new to me. first time i heard this kind of of downloading but im trying how to do it
GhostFace

All is working now, i start from the top again, ed2k connected and kad connected checked, all arrow up and down was green..downloading was slow maybe bcos of my internet connection, i have 100kbps sometimes below and sometimes stop..Thank you for the support specially Night457, Pillowbaker too
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Hey, glad you figured it out for the time being. If your max download caps at 100 kB/s, then you can probably turn off your download rate limiter. Hope you find some movies you enjoy!
Night457
Global Moderator

If it is all "in the green" then that is great and you certainly did something right!! Internet speeds vary, and I started out on eMule consistently LOWER than 100 kb/s all the time, and it is still that much of the time. Remember, you can not download from someone any faster than THEIR speed. If you are getting from a source with strong bandwidth it may go faster. eMule often requires time and patience, especially when there is only one source.