[REL] Pünktchen und Anton (1999)

ptguardian

Re: [REL] Pünktchen und Anton (1999)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Original 1953 version has been released and can be found here https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... =14&t=8270
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

That above file is 10gb!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Try it. That sucker downloaded FAST! Thank you Zsofia!

(Although I seem to remember that I was unable to get subtitles to sync to it, or there weren't any subtitles, or something ... I guess Wednesday was a long time ago for me.)
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:47 am Try it. That sucker downloaded FAST! Thank you Zsofia!

(Although I seem to remember that I was unable to get subtitles to sync to it, or there weren't any subtitles, or something ... I guess Wednesday was a long time ago for me.)
I did get it - and yeah, was fast for me. Just surprised anyone made anything that's a plainish looking film 10gb!
Yeah - don't see any subtitles.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   0 likes

Too bad about the 10gb, but the movie is great, and yeah, it downloaded surprisingly fast for such a huge file.

Really nice soundtrack and cinematography, and the kids are cute as hell.

I'd love to know what exactly is going on in it, though. :P I can't find subs anywhere.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Gawd! It is a damn shame that I can not remember clearly what I did two days earlier.

Two German subtitles: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... bid-161935

(Always search opensubtitles using the imdbid number, here tt0161935. Forget using the title.)

These two files (2013 and 2020) are VERY different, more than just the colored fonts. Check this out:
Ach ja! Ricky und Charly haben sich
wegen der 100 Mark sehr gestritten.
or
Ricky und Charly stritten sich
wegen den 100 Mark von meinem Vater.
and
Gut! Aber Sie helfen Anton nicht,
wenn Sie ihm das Arbeiten verbieten.
Seine Mutter wird dann noch
kränker und hat mehr Kummer.
or
Dann ist gut. Wenn Sie Anton
verbieten zu arbeiten,..
..hat seine Mutter noch mehr Kummer.
What is going on there? Was it translated from German to another language, and then back again to German??? Did someone German-ignorant like me try to transliterate the dialog? Some lines match up, others are wacky-different.

ANYWAY, the 2013 seemed more correct to my quick ear-listen (untrained for German!) and I was at least able to get it mostly synced. The 2020 file was a catastrophe, unsync-able. My confusion and dissatisfaction with the results is all I could remember a few days later.

Mostly synced to Zsofia's file, the original German that I think is mainly correct, as well as a totally unedited English machine translation:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for making us the subs, Night! As soon as I get it downloaded, I'll take a look at it and see if I can help with the timings. I remember the difficulties we had with "Oh that Nastya", where it seemed mostly synced up good enough, but never quite perfect. Maybe something similar happening here.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   0 likes

Dude, you're a saint.

I was in the middle of transcribing the audio and I saw your reply.
Night457 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:02 pmGawd! It is a damn shame that I can not remember clearly what I did two days earlier.
I'm sure you'll attribute that to age, but it probably has more to do with doing millions of tasks at one time.
pillowbaker wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:57 amAs soon as I get it downloaded, I'll take a look at it and see if I can help with the timings.
Can I? Pwetty pwease? I love this movie something fierce.

The timing isn't so bad. It could use some tweaking, but the translation itself needs to be cleaned up a bit.

[Image][Image][Image]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Sure, I am actually interested in picking up another project. I am about to finish up with work on a little short film. Maybe someone with knowledge of German can verify that the German subs that Night supplied are relatively accurate?

This does indeed look like a pretty cute movie.