[REL] Saxána a lexikon kouzel (2011)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Saxána a lexikon kouzel (2011)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you yoko and emuler all those years ago cooperating to get us the English subtitles, and thank you to whoever reshared them! They are also in sync with the jezevex file, so now I can enjoy it with some comprehension.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:30 pm Thank you jezevex!
emuler wrote:New link for subs:

Saxána-a-Lexikon-kouzel---2011cz.-Dvd-Rip-(super)-pohádka.srt
Would someone please reshare or post English subtitles? Thanks.
English (Subtitle Edit's Google Translate API in Subtitle Edit) from the original Russian I found here:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... -kouzel-ru
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by David32441 on Sun May 07, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for the subs, David!

Are they machine-translated?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

But ... right before your post David, is mine from a year ago where I say I got the emuled subs that were originally posted by emuler here 11 years ago:

viewtopic.php?p=55677#p55677

And ... emuler says that those were a conversion of idx/sub files to srt, with the originals taken from a DVD posted by yoko with English and Czech subtitles.

I do not have the DVD, but I presume that the English subtitles were professionally translated for the DVD release. Wouldn't those be better than a Russian-to-English translation? Or does somebody have information that emuler's DVD-sourced subtitles are somehow a flawed machine translation, rather than a "real" one? I am just confused by a supposed need for new English subtitles.

They are apparently also synced to the video file shared by jezevex last year:

viewtopic.php?p=91715#p91715

I have reshared emuler's SRT, and jezevex's 1080p video. Emuler's English SRT can be direct-downloaded here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:43 pm Thanks for the subs, David!

Are they machine-translated?
Yes, I edited my post to add "Google AI translated using Subtitle Edit". But I did write "from the russian" at that link - and I don't speak Russian :D
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:21 pm But ... right before your post David, is mine from a year ago where I say I got the emuled subs that were originally posted by emuler here 11 years ago:

https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 677#p55677

And ... emuler says that those were a conversion of idx/sub files to srt, with the originals taken from a DVD posted by yoko with English and Czech subtitles.

I do not have the DVD, but I presume that the English subtitles were professionally translated for the DVD release. Wouldn't those be better than a Russian-to-English translation? Or does somebody have information that emuler's DVD-sourced subtitles are somehow a flawed machine translation, rather than a "real" one? I am just confused by a supposed need for new English subtitles.

They are apparently also synced to the video file shared by jezevex last year:

https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 715#p91715

I have reshared emuler's SRT, and jezevex's 1080p video. Emuler's English SRT can be direct-downloaded here:
I didn't know we had professional subtitles! I only saw your post about someone needing to upload again, and I saw that a Russian version existed. Thought the only one we had was the Russian -> English conversion, and so thought one translated by Google in 2023 would be better than a 2021-2022 Google translation. Yes, DVD sourced true subtitles are always better if that's what they are.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I edited my post to add "Google AI translated using Subtitle Edit"
I should have asked: "are they only machine translated, ot did you edit them afterwards?"

Anyways.. we have other subs now. ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Admittedly, some of these threads are confusing reading whether one goes backwards through the posts or forwards from the very beginning. Cool. I did not sit down and compare them line by line, but you are right that 2023 Google Translate is a huge improvement over even just a few years ago!