[REL] Sanning eller konsekvens (1997)

infiniter

Re: [REL] Sanning eller konsekvens (1997)

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

Dunno. I don't have it in the upload anymore. Though my upload folder is quite big. :think
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

The only DVD I could find had Swedish subs only.

Swedish subs, in my experience, can usually be Google-translated to a reasonable enough result to be able to understand a lot. opensubtitles has Swedish subs for this, but the guy who ripped them apparently had the wrong character set, the Swedish characters (I assume just ä å é ö) are all replaced by ?. Which of course makes most lines untranslateable. I can work around it, but it would be time consuming.

So even if there are no English subs available, if someone has clean Swedish subs that would be a great thing and save a lot of time. Anyone with this DVD?
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

I can check if they have this dvd at any of the nearby libraries and try to rip the subs.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

That would really help, kj. :)
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

It was sadly only available as VHS with norwegian subtitles. I've ordered it in case we don't find it as DVD somewhere.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

FLL wrote:The only DVD I could find had Swedish subs only.

Swedish subs, in my experience, can usually be Google-translated to a reasonable enough result to be able to understand a lot. opensubtitles has Swedish subs for this, but the guy who ripped them apparently had the wrong character set, the Swedish characters (I assume just ä å é ö) are all replaced by ?. Which of course makes most lines untranslateable. I can work around it, but it would be time consuming.

So even if there are no English subs available, if someone has clean Swedish subs that would be a great thing and save a lot of time. Anyone with this DVD?
If nobody can find clean subs, I volunteer to fix the question marks.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   28 likes

OK, I replaced the question marks by correct characters and fixed few other typos. Didn't try to google translate yet. Many colloquial words are used, so google translate may have some difficulties.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [42.2 Kb]

These subs match OP avi with -6.5 sec delay.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Wow, google translation is surprisingly good :thumbsup

Few typos slipped through in the original text: line 14 should be "I stället" instead of "l stället"; line 165 should be "snackar" instead of "snack ar"; line 267 has an extra point at the end. I won't correct those right now, because it would change the hash.

This is a very great movie, but disturbing as it reminds me my own school years :wall

We had all those stereotypes in our class... Interesting to see it from the female perspective.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:Wow, google translation is surprisingly good :thumbsup
Depends on the language-- Swedish yes, usually very good. Danish no, horrible. Unless Danish films aimed at preteens, like Bolle Bob, routinely throw "fuck" into the dialogue ;)