Bad username??

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
emuler

Bad username??

Post by emuler »   1 likes

I'm using the Xtreme MOD eMule v0.50a Xtreme 8.1 My log for leecher messages shows:

Code: Select all

[Bad USERNAME](ban)- Client <IP address> 'ject.net/http://emuIe-project.net/ FLM is the place 2B' (eMule v0.48a,Connecting/None/None)
Is this correct? Do I need to do something about it? This is probably one of our guys. :( :?
emuler

Re: Bad username??

17-06-2013 21:40:44: [Bad USERNAME](ban)- Client <IPaddress> 'ject.net/http://emuIe-project.net/ ≈≈≈ FLM ≈≈≈ ™' (eMule v0.48a,Connecting/None/None)
:wall
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

It's not a problem for you - your eMule is banning the bad username. Whoever uses that nick may want to change it, but you don't have to do anything at all.

Any more, unless someone has shared a substantial amount with me I don't put them in my friends list even if they do have the FLM tag. 99.95% hit and run 'members'.
emuler

No, no. This is one of the good guys.

I turn off this particular option in order to accommodate this guy, but I recently had an emule crash, and when I did a clean install of the client, I forgot to turn it off again. :bigups:
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

25-06-2013 13:43:35: [Bad MODSTRING](ban)- Client <IP Address> 'loverboy [FLM]' (eMule v0.49a [Fireball v3.0],Connecting/None/None)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

emuler wrote:

25-06-2013 13:43:35: [Bad MODSTRING](ban)- Client <IP Address> 'loverboy [FLM]' (eMule v0.49a [Fireball v3.0],Connecting/None/None)
Fuck, I've been rumbled. My bad! :D

Seriously though, nobody else appears to have a problem with downloading from me & also, unless you're using a weird or no emule nick I've never yet seen you either grabbing from me or queued. I remember the days when you could easily connect & download everything I released. Maybe you should consider reverting to the standard client, if only temporarily.

Although I use one, I'm really not overly fond of eMule mods, especially when people keep changing their minds & client frequently. A bit of stability & consistency seems to work well ALONG WITH IDENTIFYING YOURSELF WITH YOUR FLM USERNAME IN YOUR EMULE NICK to allow a friend slot to be given. Worse still are those who use a nick that bears no relation to their FLM status. Life is too short to be pissing around trying to identify those who think they're being funny or clever in using some weird nick to give them a friend slot they probably don't deserve anyway. A more likely scenario is I'll simply kick them, which my client is perfectly able to do.

lb
emuler

My nick is the same as it was before. It is just the default settings of Xtreme and Scarface mods that I have to remember to turn off after a crash and reload. :wall I get that since you're sharing something I want, the onus of making sure my client can see yours is mine to bear, even though the anti-leeching features that I have to turn off were put there for a reason. :think :bigups

[Image]

I think now I can request a reshare for The Long Road Home. ;)
loverboy

emuler wrote:I think now I can request a reshare for The Long Road Home. ;)
Now resharing. Let's see what happens.....

lb
loverboy

loverboy wrote:Now resharing. Let's see what happens.....

lb
You've been found & now have a slot.

lb
emuler

Thanks. Downloading steadily now. :D