[REL] A dix minutes des naturistes (2012) [France]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
ptguardian

Re: [REL] A dix minutes des naturistes (2012) [France]

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:oooh! just imagine what could end up in here....
To avoid a hundred pee clips or other crap. :icon_nothatway :lol:

Let me revise that to 'briefly on-topic movies'. With a header saying with keywords listed at RFF or interesting scenes with kids but little screen time? :think

The general idea seems good to me however I am a bit tired at the moment so not completely in-tuned to come up with exact details. I am sure phuzzy could think of a clever PC header that would be aptly appropriate. I think this would help solve the problem of those here that think these type of movies won't be posted. ;)

Or we can just wait for someone to say "this is mostly off-topic" and have it moved to Verified Off-Topic like we have been doing..... :|
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

ptguardian wrote:I am assuming we cannot post directly in this section to avoid any movie that isn't remotely on-topic being posted?

Perhaps we could add a briefly on-topic section? :icon_thk :lol:
ptguardian wrote:Let me revise that to 'briefly on-topic movies'. With a header saying with keywords listed at RFF or interesting scenes with kids but little screen time? :think

The general idea seems good to me however I am a bit tired at the moment so not completely in-tuned to come up with exact details. I am sure phuzzy could think of a clever PC header that would be aptly appropriate. I think this would help solve the problem of those here that think these type of movies won't be posted. ;)
"Briefly on-topic" is almost the very reason "Verified Off-Topic" was created in the first place. FLM has changed since its founding. Originally, just about any film with kids in it "qualified" as FLM-worthy but that's no longer the case - we consider the entire film, not just some 10-second nude scene. However, since someone took the time and trouble to release these films and other people commented on them, we didn't want to just trash the threads, and someone might like a film in spite of it being off-topic as a whole, so V.O.T. was created to hold them.

For the most part, the films here are just that - a minute of kids and that's it (though I couldn't convince mimzy that [REL] Der Baader Meinhof Komplex (2008) belongs here since there are only children in the first 2 minutes of it :D). I very much don't want to add another forum just for "Briefly On-Topic Movies" - I think that's more 'organized' than we need.
ptguardian

I figured as much and I added a note as you were posting to my last comment saying to go about as we are. ;)

At least we are not encouraging clips to be posted and perhaps the few who were afraid these type of [REL] would disappear and or no longer be posted can rest easy knowing they are not going anywhere and I just posted this one despite the lack of screen time. :D
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

ptguardian wrote:At least we are not encouraging clips to be posted
I think clips are very dangerous. It's one thing to have a 2-hour movie that happens to have a bathtub scene and quite another to have a 2-minute clip of just the bathtub scene - the first is a family film and the nudity is incidental while the second borders on CP because it's entire purpose is the nudity.

Originally, Rich asked people not to post Clips from CIC. He didn't ban user-created clips but few were ever posted. IMO banning all clips is very good policy and we should continue it.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

ptguardian wrote:I am assuming we cannot post directly in this section to avoid any movie that isn't remotely on-topic being posted?

Ooh, nearly missed this movie, because I usually skip "Verified Off-Topic" threads :wall

So-called "briefly on-topic" stuff should be IMO posted in release section. Off-topic stuff can be posted in General. And if the poster is unsure, we have "Unverified Info" too. Posting in off-topic section is kind of nonsense, because "off-topic" by definition is something we are not interested in.
ptguardian

Yet you are interested.....such a quandary. I doubt you miss much if anything here, nor do any of the other 'active' members in which I release films to. ;)

Just saying..... :D

Enjoy
mimzy

Thanks, will check it out and probably enjoy it, even though you thought it was not on-topic enough.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I like that the Verified Off Topic forum is there. There seems to be a trend lately of using titles from fairy tales and other children related material for films that have nothing to do with children. E.g. Sleeping Beauty http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588398/ We need to at least have a thread that lists these.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

mimzy wrote:

Ooh, nearly missed this movie, because I usually skip "Verified Off-Topic" threads :wall

So-called "briefly on-topic" stuff should be IMO posted in release section. Off-topic stuff can be posted in General. And if the poster is unsure, we have "Unverified Info" too. Posting in off-topic section is kind of nonsense, because "off-topic" by definition is something we are not interested in.
C'mon, by that definition any movie with a kid in it, even if it's only a snapshot in someone's wallet, will make a movie 'briefly on-topic'. Probably 95% of all movies ever made has a child in it somewhere. Someone wouldn't have posted a movie at FLM in the first place that didn't have children in it, but 120 minutes of movie with 1 minute of kids is NOT on-topic, whether they're fully clothed or bare-ass naked.

NO movie should be released in General, especially off-topic ones - that's why we have so many forums in the first place. If we're going to use General for releases we might as well merge everything into one big forum and save the admins the trouble of moving threads. :)

Releases in the General forum get missed and are otherwise hard to pick out of other discussions. 'O Ano em Que Meus Pais Saíram de Férias' was there for almost 5 years before I found it Monday. Do we really want to release anything there? Verified Off-Topic is for films that are... Off Topic. That includes the 'briefly on-topic' ones that don't really qualify except they have a minute of skin.
mimzy

Phuzzy4242 wrote:120 minutes of movie with 1 minute of kids is NOT on-topic, whether they're fully clothed or bare-ass naked.
First of all, I haven't had time to watch this movie yet. Maybe it is off-topic after all and shouldn't have been posted here in the first place.

It's just funny that some movies under "Verified Off-Topic" are actually more ON-topic than 90% of stuff that has been posted under Releases. I don't think we want to move 90% of FLM movies to "Verified Off-Topic" :roll:

It is IMO no problem to post "briefly on-topic" movies under Releases. Maybe a special tag can be added to topic title. Of course I mean movies with good OT scenes, not just any movies with kids in it.