[REL] I'm the same I'm an other (2013)

jezevex

[REL] I'm the same I'm an other (2013)

Post by jezevex »   5 likes

Last edited by jezevex on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] I'm the same I'm an other (2013) [Belgium]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Wow, this looks really interesting. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, jezevex.
tiff wrote:A road movie. An unorthodox crime story. Portrait of an unlikely companionship. Belgian director Caroline Strubbe's uniquely crafted second feature, I'm the same I'm an other, combines all of these to tell the moving story of a man and a child in mourning as they journey through Western Europe.

Szabolcs (Zoltán Miklós Hajdu), a scruffy thirty-year-old, speeds a car down an unspecified highway. His young companion, nine-year-old Tess (Kimke Desart), sits in the back. Their interactions are riddled with tension, but we don't yet understand why. As they make their way to a harbour, we slowly come to realize that they are on the run from something. Deep in the bowels of a passenger ferry, Szabolcs does his best to hide Tess's presence. A tragic discovery thrusts their relationship into a completely different realm. After disembarking from the ferry, they settle into a new home for themselves in a small, seaside cottage, where Szabolcs becomes father figure to the obsessive-compulsive Tess.

At once tough and tender, I'm the same I'm an other is an eerie vision full of telling silences and subtle gestures. Beautiful widescreen, desaturated cinematography, guided by Strubbe's sensitive eye, offers us striking passages set against a picturesque landscape. Built from an exceptional collection of details, the film asks for your patience — and rewards it with a precise, distilled portrait of a relationship.
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   1 likes

Definitely looking forward to seeing this one !!
Thanks for the find, jezevex !
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   1 likes

Move it to "normal" Belgium request section, please. The runtime is 112 minutes, it would be the longest shortie in the world :D
BTW, I contacted user "lamoor" on RFF forum (see http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/viewtopic.php?t=1199 - question is what was edited by their admin), he could vector us to something...
jezevex

Re: [REQ] I'm the same I'm an other (2013)

Edit: dead link was removed.
Last edited by jezevex on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   0 likes

any news about this one ?
jezevex

jezevex

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

7.5. seems to be a theatrical release date... I hope that it will be released on dvd this year (probably autumn)... :icon_waiting
http://www.filmvandaag.nl/nieuwefilms
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   0 likes

Any news about this little jewel ?